Keinan Davis

a-k

53 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Does he? Does Emery think Duran is a better option than Ings as well then seen as he was happy to let him go? Or does he take into account other factors, such as starting week in, week out for Watford is better for Davis' confidence, career and market value than warming the bench for us while we're in mid table?

Yes I would say that the fact that Emery has sold Ings and bought Duran indicates precisely that he feels Duran is a better option for the club. It's pretty self evident. I think Davis will be loaned out until we can find a buyer. I don't believe that we are loaning him out for his development. That horse has bolted. He is a 24 year old injury prone striker who can't score goals in the 2nd tier. We are building something at Villa and the likes of Davis, Bedbarek, Augustinsson (and I believe many more) are not part of the plan going forward. Our owners have far more ambition thankfully.

He is so far from Prem quality it's not even worth discussing really, and 3 managers have agreed with that. I wouldn't want him back even if we were in the Championship. He just isn't good enough. 3 goals in 73 for Villa. As a striker. It's mind blowing really.

And if those stats aren't enough, here are a few quotes from Watford fans following their game today. In the Championship as well remember:

"I think I've burned more calories watching the game than Davis has playing it"

"Definitely got the wrong Villa forward in during the Summer."

"Davis was back, but back to his normal self"

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

the Watford fans really.....really dont rate him.

They basically say he has the staying power of a 16 year old getting his first run between the sheets.....

(they were my words.....but it covers what they mean i think :P )

• Haha 1

On 29/01/2023 at 01:22, GlobalVillan said:

Yes I would say that the fact that Emery has sold Ings and bought Duran indicates precisely that he feels Duran is a better option for the club. It's pretty self evident. I think Davis will be loaned out until we can find a buyer. I don't believe that we are loaning him out for his development. That horse has bolted. He is a 24 year old injury prone striker who can't score goals in the 2nd tier. We are building something at Villa and the likes of Davis, Bedbarek, Augustinsson (and I believe many more) are not part of the plan going forward. Our owners have far more ambition thankfully.

He is so far from Prem quality it's not even worth discussing really, and 3 managers have agreed with that. I wouldn't want him back even if we were in the Championship. He just isn't good enough. 3 goals in 73 for Villa. As a striker. It's mind blowing really.

And if those stats aren't enough, here are a few quotes from Watford fans following their game today. In the Championship as well remember:

"I think I've burned more calories watching the game than Davis has playing it"

"Definitely got the wrong Villa forward in during the Summer."

"Davis was back, but back to his normal self"

He has played about 2500 minutes for us in the league and mostly for 5 or 20 mins here and there, hence why so many games.

You are right he isn't good enough for where we want to go but he will be fine in the championship

• Like 1

Great goal but how bad was the keeper. Can never really make my mind up with Davies, he has everything but just lacks something in front of goal. Wouldn't surprise me if he went onto to score 25 or 2 in a season.

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

the Watford fans really.....really dont rate him.

They basically say he has the staying power of a 16 year old getting his first run between the sheets.....

(they were my words.....but it covers what they mean i think :P )

I’m not a huge fan myself, but it’s strange how different fans views things. Watford fans don’t rate him, but Forest fans loved him after helping to promote them. 

I guess it shows how difficult transfers are to get right. It’s not just how good player x is, it’s how well they are going to suit your team. 

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That's from last season when he played for Forest.

Yeah the date gives it away. But it is amazing how similar the goal was to the one he did score. Carbon copies of horrendous goalkeeping in both cases.

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah the date gives it away. But it is amazing how similar the goal was to the one he did score. Carbon copies of horrendous goalkeeping in both cases.

To be fair, he did run across the Blues fans again :D 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised how creative he is. Seems to be one of the top players in the Championship for passing, progressive passes, progressive carries and successful take ons. Shame Watford are a basket case 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I'm surprised how creative he is. Seems to be one of the top players in the Championship for passing, progressive passes, progressive carries and successful take ons. Shame Watford are a basket case 

I wonder if Sheffield United might look at him when they come up. Fits their profile given they have McBurnie upfront so could alternate the two.

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I wonder if Sheffield United might look at him when they come up. Fits their profile given they have McBurnie upfront so could alternate the two.

I think the right Championship club will come for him. I don't know what we'll get as his stock probably lower than it was maybe due to Watford being terrible. Hopefully he can get a good run for end of season. Whatever we sell him for is all profit anyway.

I've read Watford has obligation to buy him for 15 million quid if they promote, afaik it was in Athletic article. Is that true? Cause we should be cheering for Watford big times then. 

Edited by Alakagom

2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

I've read Watford has obligation to buy him for 15 million quid if they promote, afaik it was in Athletic article. Is that true? Cause we should be cheering for Watford big times then. 

Surely can get at least £5 Mil for him this summer 

Â