Keinan Davis

a-k

I reckon another loan for him this summer, with him securing a decent deal at the end of the season with a number of clubs showing interest. Luton or QPR would be good fits for him, i think he would add to the physciality in both teams and both are going to need that profile of player. Don't blame him for sticking around, he will know that realistically if he left here prior to his contract ending it would be a big salary cut as there is a transfer fee involved. Next summer there will be no fee so he will get the same or better salary. win for the player, a loss for villa, but a rational action on his part tbf

Edited by Villatillidie95

10 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Surely he's on no more than 20??

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

nope...think deano (i might be wrong) gave him a big salary

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Don’t think this happened. 

We gave him a bumper new deal… always f up like this… overpay mediocre players then struggle to offload them 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Don’t think this happened. 

Certainly did, widely reported on the salary tracking websites as above. There were a couple of very questionable contracts offered around then with the likes of Konsa who performed/has performed well kept on lower salaries.

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Certainly did, widely reported on the salary tracking websites as above. There were a couple of very questionable contracts offered around then with the likes of Konsa who performed/has performed well kept on lower salaries.

I’ll stick to my guns and say it didn’t happen. He isn’t on close to that.

There is no way Davis is on 45k a week, nowhere near. He signed his last contract in September 2020 when the season before he made 18 prem appearances, only 4 as a starter, 14 coming on as a sub. He scored no goals. His overall record at that point was 57 league apps and 2 goals.  There is no way he was off the back of that rewarded with a contract that would have dwarfed what many others in the squad were on. He'll be on no more than 20k.

Edited by markavfc40

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

https://salarysport.com/football/player/keinan-davis/

I mean it also lists us under Championship teams, so pinch of salt required 😅

when you look at villa on that same website, it lists him as earning £45k a week:

https://salarysport.com/football/premier-league/aston-villa-f.c./

image.png.40f9d269242b9523e95129fa3dfc2600.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

when you look at villa on that same website, it lists him as earning £45k a week:

https://salarysport.com/football/premier-league/aston-villa-f.c./

image.png.40f9d269242b9523e95129fa3dfc2600.png

Yeah just seen that after 😬

I think it's all a load of rubbish though. No way we sign Watkins for £30M and he's on less than Davis

Edited by villan95

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Yeah just seen that after 😬

I think it's all a load of rubbish though. No way we sign Watkins for £30M and he's on less than Davis

watkins was totally unproven at PL level though. it was probably fair at the time, but also explains why we're trying to tie him down to a new deal

On 12/07/2023 at 21:59, MaVilla said:

the problem with Davis, is even if we would accept 1m for him, he's on 40k+ p/w here, so is he really going to take a huge pay drop for a permanent mooe to a Champ team!?

I dunno, i dont see it, i can see him going out on loan again until his contract expires next summer.

Kudos to him tho if he does choose to drop wages and go, but i doubt he will, and tbh, i wouldnt blame him, why take a 50-70% pay cut when you can go on loan again on your current wages, then move for free in the summer and maybe get a better deal next year on a free.

Nail on head.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

watkins was totally unproven at PL level though. it was probably fair at the time, but also explains why we're trying to tie him down to a new deal

Davis was unproven at Championship level though 😅

• Like 2

Â