Keinan Davis

a-k

32 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Nobody in the Championship except the parachute lot have ant cash.

Coventry getting 20m imminently for Gyokeres.

Already signed Ellis Simms for fee that could eventually rise to 8m but think Everton get initial 3.5m so wouldn't shock me if we look for a similar fee and wait to see if Coventry fancy signing him once they get that cash in.

Swansea wouldn't be a bad move either, think Piroe was linked to Burnley and Luton.

He can't be having another season of being loaned out anyway so think him going permanently in next month is pretty certain.

I think he offers something different. Good enough? Almost definitely not, but a fit Keinan Davis causes any defender a problem, even if he doesn’t score. 

He’s a championship striker, but for whatever reason, irrational or not, I just really like him. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Coventry getting 20m imminently for Gyokeres.

Already signed Ellis Simms for fee that could eventually rise to 8m but think Everton get initial 3.5m so wouldn't shock me if we look for a similar fee and wait to see if Coventry fancy signing him once they get that cash in.

Swansea wouldn't be a bad move either, think Piroe was linked to Burnley and Luton.

He can't be having another season of being loaned out anyway so think him going permanently in next month is pretty certain.

the problem with Davis, is even if we would accept 1m for him, he's on 40k+ p/w here, so is he really going to take a huge pay drop for a permanent mooe to a Champ team!?

I dunno, i dont see it, i can see him going out on loan again until his contract expires next summer.

Kudos to him tho if he does choose to drop wages and go, but i doubt he will, and tbh, i wouldnt blame him, why take a 50-70% pay cut when you can go on loan again on your current wages, then move for free in the summer and maybe get a better deal next year on a free.

Edited by MaVilla

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the problem with Davis, is even if we would accept 1m for him, he's on 40k+ p/w here, so is he really going to take a huge pay drop for a permanent mooe to a Champ team!?

We have a real problem with overpaying peripheral squad players. Imagine Hause on similar. Scary to think Dendoncker amongst our highest earners, he wasn't signed as a starter. 

Edited by Dale

2 minutes ago, Dale said:

We have a real problem with overpaying peripheral squad players. Imagine Hause on similar. Scary to think Dendoncker amongst our highest earners, he wasn't signed as a starter. 

honestly, i dont think Hause is on anywhere near that, but yeah, i agree, we have some very average players on very good money.

a few weeks ago i listed 8-10 fringe/non starting 11 players we have, and together they were on roughly £500k p/w between them.

madness.

52 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I dunno, i dont see it, i can see him going out on loan again until his contract expires next summer.

Kudos to him tho if he does choose to drop wages and go, but i doubt he will, and tbh, i wouldnt blame him, why take a 50-70% pay cut when you can go on loan again on your current wages, then move for free in the summer and maybe get a better deal next year on a free.

You make it sound like no player has ever moved from the premier league to the championship. Davis isn’t good enough at Villa so he needs to move, if wages are an issue we’d presumably be happy to pay him a few hundred thousand to push him out the door. Championship players still earn millions of pounds a year so it’s not like he’s moving from a high end PL contract to minimum wage at Sainsbury’s (despite what some might say is his level). With his injury record if he has a contract offer for 3 or 4 years he’d be stupid to not jump at the chance.

KD has interest from Premier League and the Championship, his wages whatever they are won't be a problems as he's in the last year of his contract so can spread out across a longer span at his new club 🉐️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

KD has interest from Premier League and the Championship, his wages whatever they are won't be a problems as he's in the last year of his contract so can spread out across a longer span at his new club 🉐️

you think he will go on a permanent this summer?

I hope so.

52 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

honestly, i dont think Hause is on anywhere near that, but yeah, i agree, we have some very average players on very good money.

a few weeks ago i listed 8-10 fringe/non starting 11 players we have, and together they were on roughly £500k p/w between them.

madness.

It really depends on in which category you put Digne 😂

If he doesn't go permanet this summer then we will lose him on a free next summer, so I think it's pretty much guaranteed that he will leave, we will just have to get what we can for him, only other alternative is if we give him a contract extention.

I haven't seen him in any of the training pictures or videos, so don't think he's even back with us.

8 hours ago, useless said:

Having watched Luton a few times last season he probably would be a canny signing for them.

They would probably want him on a loan! You are right though, we could do a buy one get one half price deal with him and Marv. They agree a 3-year deal with the players, we agree to pay the balance between what wages they will pay them and what they were getting from us, they then give us say £4m- £5m for the two. They get two decent players for the price of one. Got to be worth trying, because as things look at the moment we will be loaning these two out again and getting nothing for them in 12 months. I feel sorry for the 2 players really, they have both performed well on loan, but have yet to get a move as a result.   

He's one that I think could still have a good championship/lower prem career if he can finally get over his injury issues. Hopefully we can find a permanent move but with bonuses and a sell on if he does well.

Edited by villan95

On 22/02/2016 at 20:09, sir_gary_cahill said:

He seems to be banging in goals at every level he's played at, why not give him a chance in the first team?

Not sure about this tbh unless we're really struggling to bring anyone in this window.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Well past time we sent him on his way, permanently. Get it done and don’t ask for too much.

the difficulty is finding someone to take on his 40k a week and most champ clubs don't have a pot to piss in. we might need to pay him off

Â