Keinan Davis

a-k

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think the right Championship club will come for him. I don't know what we'll get as his stock probably lower than it was maybe due to Watford being terrible. Hopefully he can get a good run for end of season. Whatever we sell him for is all profit anyway.

Just getting him off the wage bill would be enough. Wasn't close to being good enough for a bottom 6 PL club so not a chance he will ever pull on a Villa shirt again given where we are now. Thank goodness!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Just getting him off the wage bill would be enough. Wasn't close to being good enough for a bottom 6 PL club so not a chance he will ever pull on a Villa shirt again given where we are now. Thank goodness!

He's at least shown he can make a career in the championship at the righr club.

I always remember years back there was a poster called @One For The Road who basically called him the new Fonz and he'd barely be good enough for league 2. Haven't seen him post for a while come to think of it........😉

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's at least shown he can make a career in the championship at the righr club.

I always remember years back there was a poster called @One For The Road who basically called him the new Fonz and he'd barely be good enough for league 2. Haven't seen him post for a while come to think of it........😉

There were posters claiming he was good enough to play in the Prem as well so I suppose some posters counter to that was to claim he was a lower league player. Which he is.

He's hardly tearing it up in the 2nd tier and I'd be shocked if he ever kicked a ball in the top flight again.

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

There were posters claiming he was good enough to play in the Prem as well so I suppose some posters counter to that was to claim he was a lower league player. Which he is.

He's hardly tearing it up in the 2nd tier and I'd be shocked if he ever kicked a ball in the top flight again.

He was part of a promotion winning team less than 12 months ago.

He just needs to pick a decent club in the summer to really develop his career as just sitting here as a squad player isn't going to do anything and I think he realised that about 18 months too late (and even then we were refusing loan moves for him when he wanted them).

Actually think Luton would be a smart move given Marvellous seems to be doing well there but no idea if they can afford him.

4 hours ago, Alakagom said:

I've read Watford has obligation to buy him for 15 million quid if they promote, afaik it was in Athletic article. Is that true? Cause we should be cheering for Watford big times then. 

It is, but it's not going to happen. Pity we didn't do a similar deal with Forest, last season. Hopefully he will get a decent Championship club come in for him, in the summer, or failing that, someone in the league below like Derby, who may well come up next season.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Wasted season at a basket case club. Hasn't done him any favours.

Needs to find a home.

He's looked like the exception to the rule though. Again, another competent season at championship level. His injury prone-ness will prevent him ever being worth more than 20 mill. But we should be able to command a decent fee. He's shown that in a decent side he can contribute to promotion (Forest last season) so can see someone like Blackburn, Swansea, Coventry (assume luton and Middlesborough will be the playoff finalists) trying for him to get themselves over the line next year. 

A move to Luton would make sense, whether they make it to the prem or stay in championship. He is from Biggleswade which is just down the road and they will be on a budget and will probably want someone who has something to prove to be part of the team. I'm sure Nakamba will sing Luton's praises too. However wages might be an issue because i'm sure he is on a good package here, however with promotion im sure they would be able to come to an agreement

Hopefully we can get a few million in the summer for him. Never going to be a Premier League player in my mind. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just sogn for anyone except blose or wba. Someone like luton town should go for him he would be great for them along with nakamba 

How much do you think we can sell for? I think Luton's record signing is £1mil for a keeper so £10 mil for Davis isnt happening. We'd need someone like Southampton on their way down with their parachute payments to give him a chance. 

Â