Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Looking at it too black and white I'm afraid.

No I’m not he’s just not good enough for us.  Just as fans have scapegoats they also hang onto players that are never going to do it despite manager after manager not using them, years going by and not doing enough or being good enough…Davis is that player to some fans.  His time is up here, time for him to move on to a good Championship team to carry on his career.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

He’s just not good enough for the premier league…even Forest decided not to buy him and they loved him but instead brought 2,537 other players instead 😂

Ah yes, also known as the "replace Grealish approach"

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, nick76 said:

No I’m not he’s just not good enough for us.  Just as fans have scapegoats they also hang onto players that are never going to do it despite manager after manager not using them, years going by and not doing enough or being good enough…Davis is that player to some fans.  His time is up here, time for him to move on to a good Championship team to carry on his career.

its not just his play, Nick.

His injury record is just not sustainable....we cannot rely on him, for any consistency or momentum.

sad as it is.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rolta said:

Davis doing well and Nick not comfortable with that? Same old same old. 

Eh? He’s doing well in the Championship as I said he would.  He’s just not good enough for our level. Same old, same old ie correct you mean 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Just clicked on page 1 by mistake, insane that he came into the first-team squad under Remi Garde. Unai is his 6th manager.

we've had 10 since O'Neill.

They might get slick at recruiting......one day.

lets hope this is it.

Edited by TRO

On 28/10/2022 at 15:57, Tom13 said:

Looking at it too black and white I'm afraid.

The latest Watford injury shows even if he came back he'd start about two games before breaking down. His Watford loan is generally going well but already had 2-3 injuries in his time there and no manager can build around someone who can't string a couple of months together starting upfront.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He’s nowhere near good enough.

But better than our current options? Ings is a better striker, but Davis can do things that he can't that would be invaluable for how we're currently playing (dreadfully).

He's better than Watkins in almost every department.

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But better than our current options? Ings is a better striker, but Davis can do things that he can't that would be invaluable for how we're currently playing (dreadfully).

He's better than Watkins in almost every department.

No he isn’t, Watkins isn’t a striker and Ings isn’t as good as he used to be but Davis barely got time when it was just him and Watkins, and neither Smith or Gerrard played him in the last couple of years even loaned him out because he wasn’t even wanted as back up. Despite Ings and Watkins issues, they are far better at this level than Davis.  

The fact that Davis is injured again means he’s no use at all anyway.  The fact he looks good at Championship level means very little, Watkins was brilliant when he was in the Championship and Ings has played most of his time at a higher level than the Championship.  It’s naive to think playing well at Championship means it’s repeated at OL level.  

This very site has been discussing that a lot of our players aren’t good enough and only just better than Championship level yet Davis has only shown he’s good enough at Championship level and that’s when he’s not injured which is very often.  

His time at Villa should be done, even Forest didn’t want to buy him and they loved him.

Just now, nick76 said:

No he isn’t, Watkins isn’t a striker and Ings isn’t as good as he used to be but Davis barely got time when it was just him and Watkins, and neither Smith or Gerrard played him in the last couple of years even loaned him out because he wasn’t even wanted as back up. Despite Ings and Watkins issues, they are far better at this level than Davis.  

The fact that Davis is injured again means he’s no use at all anyway.  The fact he looks good at Championship level means very little, Watkins was brilliant when he was in the Championship and Ings has played most of his time at a higher level than the Championship.  It’s naive to think playing well at Championship means it’s repeated at OL level.  

This very site has been discussing that a lot of our players aren’t good enough and only just better than Championship level yet Davis has only shown he’s good enough at Championship level and that’s when he’s not injured which is very often.  

His time at Villa should be done, even Forest didn’t want to buy him and they loved him.

If Watkins isn't a striker, what is he? As he's useless out wide.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If Watkins isn't a striker, what is he? As he's useless out wide.

Inside forward (not a winger).  He’s obviously not a central striker or he’s not a central striker can play as a striker when his finishing is so poor.  He plays left of central so often anyway.  Anyway that’s off topic for this thread, he’s still better than Davis at this level as the central striker.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

On 30/10/2022 at 15:07, nick76 said:

Inside forward (not a winger).  He’s obviously not a central striker or he’s not a central striker can play as a striker when his finishing is so poor.  He plays left of central so often anyway.  Anyway that’s off topic for this thread, he’s still better than Davis at this level as the central striker.

Keinan is made of glass regardless so it's a pointless debate. 

Even if he had the ability you can't rely on him to stay fit, and at that point it's just a waste in wages. 

• Like 2

On 30/10/2022 at 14:07, nick76 said:

Agre with you but I don't think anyone's played with an inside forward since the 1930's

On 31/10/2022 at 22:27, Pinebro said:

Keinan is made of glass regardless so it's a pointless debate. 

Even if he had the ability you can't rely on him to stay fit, and at that point it's just a waste in wages. 

Injuries have destroyed him I think. Technically he's very good, he can beat players and is good on the ball, he's physically a beast, what he needed was regular game time about 4 years ago to develop some instincts and just learn the ugly bit of the game that you don't learn in youth football and he's just never had it. 

Players say it takes them a good 10 games to really get into a season, to get a rhythm going, I don't think he's played or been available for 10 consecutive games his whole career since his breakthrough as a teenager. Even at Forest he picked up a few niggles here and there (nearly missing the playoffs if I recall) and it's the same at Watford now.

Developmentally he's probably where he should have been at 19 or 20 if he'd had a bit of luck here and there, it's a shame as I really like him and hope he can get over his injury issues and forge a decent career for himself

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weedman said:

Injuries have destroyed him I think. Technically he's very good, he can beat players and is good on the ball, he's physically a beast, what he needed was regular game time about 4 years ago to develop some instincts and just learn the ugly bit of the game that you don't learn in youth football and he's just never had it. 

Players say it takes them a good 10 games to really get into a season, to get a rhythm going, I don't think he's played or been available for 10 consecutive games his whole career since his breakthrough as a teenager. Even at Forest he picked up a few niggles here and there (nearly missing the playoffs if I recall) and it's the same at Watford now.

Developmentally he's probably where he should have been at 19 or 20 if he'd had a bit of luck here and there, it's a shame as I really like him and hope he can get over his injury issues and forge a decent career for himself

That's what I keep on saying. He probably had that 10 games or so run under Bruce in 17/18 and then barely played again for 18 months through injuries.

We really should've loaned him out in summer 2019. Considering he wasn't considered ready for the premier league it was strange to just keep him around for five minute cameos.

If he'd had the loan spells then he's been having in last 12 months he could've been a legitimate squad option. Instead it's just wishful thinking for a few now claiming he could still make it here when he scores a goal in the championship, we're past that point now.

Still he's showing he's going to have a good career top half championship/bottom end premier league so that's better than a few predicted two years back.

Â