Keinan Davis

a-k

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'd love them to tell us what he's actually not good at. Getting into goalscoring positions, yeah fine. His all round game is very strong. He's a physical monster with technical ability and good feet.

Davis has a lot of strengths, he is strong, fairly quick, has fairly good feet, decent at hold up play etc.

However, lets not fool ourselves, he is a 24 year old, hugely injury prone striker, who doesnt score that much, playing in the championship for a good reason....

If you think Davis is the answer to any of our problems, i'm not sure what to say to you.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Davis has a lot of strengths, he is strong, fairly quick, has fairly good feet, decent at hold up play etc.

However, lets not fool ourselves, he is a 24 year old, hugely injury prone striker, who doesnt score that much, playing in the championship for a good reason....

If you think Davis is the answer to any of our problems, i'm not sure what to say to you.

Don't need to hear anything from you so that's all good. Happy to have my own opinion. And I'm not saying he's a world beater anyway, but people talk as if he's terrible.

Just now, Tom13 said:

I'd love them to tell us what he's actually not good at. Getting into goalscoring positions, yeah fine. His all round game is very strong. He's a monster with technical ability and good feet.

Scoring, scoring positioning, made of paper, he allows better defenders to control his game, that he gets the ball in ineffective areas.  His hold up play is great at the half way line because defenders let him but around the box they pushed him out or made him ineffective.  His feet are good but his football IQ is poor so he doesn’t take advantage of it.  He’s a monster but he doesn’t use it enough.  You can see he’s effective against lower level defenders like the Championship but he doesn’t have the next level ability.  I said all this many times and I know you don’t agree but manager after manager at Villa seem to agree because they haven’t used him and nobody has brought him.  He’s 25 in 2 weeks time and his career says it all.

Villa managers don’t use him, no PL team has been interested in him, he’s injured so often.  I don’t get why some fans have this obsession for him.  He’s a nice bloke, has some talent, he should find a nice club and build a career there and hopefully that is Watford, I wish him well.  The ghost of Davis being a regular player for us went a very long time ago.  You won’t agree with my assessment but it seems our managers have done in the past by their lack of use of him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Don't need to hear anything from you so that's all good. Happy to have my own opinion. And I'm not saying he's a world beater anyway, but people talk as if he's terrible.

no need to be mardy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

According to his Wiki stats, he has scored 12 goals in 106 matches.

That's 1 in 9. Many of these will be subs appearances of course, but that tells its own story.

Most of his appearances and almost "all" his goals were in the 2nd tier.

He is a striker that doesn't score. I said years ago that he could do a good job in League 1 and I stand by that. He has the physicality for that level. 

If he can stay fit. Big if there tho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

According to his Wiki stats, he has scored 12 goals in 106 matches.

That's 1 in 9. Many of these will be subs appearances of course, but that tells its own story.

Most of his appearances and almost "all" his goals were in the 2nd tier.

He is a striker that doesn't score. I said years ago that he could do a good job in League 1 and I stand by that. He has the physicality for that level. 

If he can stay fit. Big if there tho.

Played a huge part in a Championship side's promotion, yet can only 'do a job in League 1'? Come on...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

No he is not terrible at all - but reality is that his ceiling is the championship - but crikey that’s still a hell of a ceiling and that’s ok 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Played a huge part in a Championship side's promotion, yet can only 'do a job in League 1'? Come on...

I said he would do a good job in League 1. As in score some goals. 1 in 12 is a terrible return for a striker in any league but in the Championship its shocking.

I reckon he would get double figures in League 1. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I said he would do a good job in League 1. As in score some goals. 1 in 12 is a terrible return for a striker in any league but in the Championship its shocking.

I reckon he would get double figures in League 1. Just my opinion. 

Tbf I'm sure he had a better goals per minute record than Archer last season?

33 minutes ago, Adman said:

If emery recalls him to play in the first team, I'll believe he can do a job for where we want to be.  If he doesn't, I won't

I think the Duran signing means he won't too

Selling Ings and recalling Davis would arguably be the worst decision of any Villa manager in recent memory. As such, there's not a cat in hells chance it will happen.

A proven Premier League goalscorer for a man who can't hit a barn door in the Championship.

He will be off in the summer for a couple of million. If we want to compete for a top half place, we need quality players in every position.

Thankfully, Emery amd the board know that.

28 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Selling Ings and recalling Davis would arguably be the worst decision of any Villa manager in recent memory. As such, there's not a cat in hells chance it will happen.

A proven Premier League goalscorer for a man who can't hit a barn door in the Championship.

He will be off in the summer for a couple of million. If we want to compete for a top half place, we need quality players in every position.

Thankfully, Emery amd the board know that.

Be worst selling Ings and not having any striker at all to replace him and ATM that's were we are, unless you can count Duran as a better option than Davies, and as it stands I don't.  

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

unless you can count Duran as a better option than Davies, and as it stands I don't.  

Well Emery clearly does. 

I wouldn't play Davis if we got relegated never mind in the PL.

It's a moot point in any case as he isn't coming back. 

We do need another striker tho, an actual goalscoring one, and I've said that for weeks. Still time of course.

12 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Well Emery clearly does. 

Was Duran even Emery's signing or was he one from Lange system? Hasn't Emery stated that Duran isn't ready, he stats are worse than Davies's and he's from a league that Davies would be a star in . Duran is one for the future I'm sure but if Watkins gets injured then he would have to play and thats no fair on him or us.

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

Was Duran even Emery's signing or was he one from Lange system? Hasn't Emery stated that Duran isn't ready, he stats are worse than Davies's and he's from a league that Davies would be a star in . Duran is one for the future I'm sure but if Watkins gets injured then he would have to play and thats no fair on him or us.

That's why we need to sign a striker. It's still baffling that we let Ings go but if we don't sign a replacement this window it will be totally unfathomable that we did.

Came into an abysmal team last season going nowhere. Was one of their best players for 6 months, of which they wouldn't have got promoted.

Went to a team with 100m in parachute payments as the guy they see to help them do the same. So much so they back paying 15m for him.

" could do a job in league one."

Do people even watch league one football? The standard is horrific and the drop off between Champo and league 1 is hugely steeper than PL to Champo.

League one..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Well Emery clearly does.

Does he? Does Emery think Duran is a better option than Ings as well then seen as he was happy to let him go? Or does he take into account other factors, such as starting week in, week out for Watford is better for Davis' confidence, career and market value than warming the bench for us while we're in mid table?

Edited by Tom13

Â