Keinan Davis

a-k

24 minutes ago, skarroki said:

How much do you think we can sell for? I think Luton's record signing is £1mil for a keeper so £10 mil for Davis isnt happening. We'd need someone like Southampton on their way down with their parachute payments to give him a chance. 

I think if it’s to a Champ club he’s probably going to go for about £7m. But who knows… somewhere between £3m and £20m depending who you ask!

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

I think if it’s to a Champ club he’s probably going to go for about £7m. But who knows… somewhere between £3m and £20m depending who you ask!

he has a goal scoring rate of 4.6 in the last 2 seasons, and his injury record is well documented....56 appearances 12 goals, on loan in the championship.

we will be lucky to get anything.

• Like 2

He will do someone in the Championship a decent job, but clubs in the Championship are reluctant to pay what players are worth. If we can get somewhere between £3m and £5m, we will have done well in my opinion, as will the buying club. I hope he goes to a decent club where he's appreciated, he's been messed around during the past two seasons during loans that came to nothing, through no fault of his own. If we sell him for real peanuts, we should reflect that by putting a clause in the deal, so that we get a decent percentage of any future sale, we shouldn't easily be taken for fools by a Championship club. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Unless he goes to a side relegated from the Premier League, we won't get anything for him. Championship clubs don't spend money on transfers anymore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Unless he goes to a side relegated from the Premier League, we won't get anything for him. Championship clubs don't spend money on transfers anymore.

Yeah fair point, well over £100m spent but across all those players it’s only Burnley, Norwich and Watford who spent over or close to £10m on one player in the past year. No surprise Burnley have walked the league actually looking at it now, they’ve spent almost as much as everyone else put together (or at least 1/3 of the total spend to be more accurate). I guess people said the same about us when we were down there though and we didn’t walk it :)

19 hours ago, TRO said:

he has a goal scoring rate of 4.6 in the last 2 seasons, and his injury record is well documented....56 appearances 12 goals, on loan in the championship.

Agree free transfer. 

19 hours ago, TRO said:

Totally misses out how much he adds in terms of creating space and chances for teammates. He's top on a lot of those stats. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, John said:

He will do someone in the Championship a decent job, but clubs in the Championship are reluctant to pay what players are worth. If we can get somewhere between £3m and £5m, we will have done well in my opinion, as will the buying club. I hope he goes to a decent club where he's appreciated, he's been messed around during the past two seasons during loans that came to nothing, through no fault of his own. If we sell him for real peanuts, we should reflect that by putting a clause in the deal, so that we get a decent percentage of any future sale, we shouldn't easily be taken for fools by a Championship club. 

I was really suprised Forest never signed him this season.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I was really suprised Forest never signed him this season.

I reckon they'd have had him if we'd asked for £9-10M rather than £15M. We've been caught on this a number of times, could've got a lot more for El Ghazi in the summer before Gerrard... 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Dale said:

I reckon they'd have had him if we'd asked for £9-10M rather than £15M. We've been caught on this a number of times, could've got a lot more for El Ghazi in the summer before Gerrard... 

Alemany will be on top of it, we might actually start seeing a bit of money for our deadwood with him coming in.

1 hour ago, Dale said:

I know this is true from a source I know who is well connected with the Villa, that both Keinan and Forest were somewhat shocked by the 15M valuation that we put on him. Shame really as i think Keinan would have settled in at Forest and done well for them.

Don't rule out Forest coming in for him, Cooper is a clever guy and if the price is right and has dropped (it will have) then he will still snap him up. Some of their forwards will leave at the end of the year and he wants to get the right characters in. Still it cant have been nice for keinan to see forest signing players who at that point were unproven in english football and costing more and him having spent the year busting a gut to be overlooked like that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

He is a hard worker and for a time he looked like a genuinely exciting prospect but in reality, he is a poor man's Heskey.

He has no future at Villa but I wish him all the best to find the right club to suit his abilities.

Hmmm can't even compare to Heskey. Obviously Heskey put in performances at a much higher level, but they're still very different. Davis has good feet and some skill for example - Heskey didn't.

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Don't rule out Forest coming in for him, Cooper is a clever guy and if the price is right and has dropped (it will have) then he will still snap him up. Some of their forwards will leave at the end of the year and he wants to get the right characters in. Still it cant have been nice for keinan to see forest signing players who at that point were unproven in english football and costing more and him having spent the year busting a gut to be overlooked like that.

That's a good point actually. If Forest go down he'd be perfect for championship given what he did last time and City Ground took to him.

They've got Chris Wood on loan and likes of Ayew, Dennis, Lingard (lol) will all surely leave end of the season even if they stay up so would just leave them with Awonyini and Sam Surridge so they need a couple more in and he'd certainly be cheaper than last summer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That's a good point actually. If Forest go down he'd be perfect for championship given what he did last time and City Ground took to him.

They've got Chris Wood on loan and likes of Ayew, Dennis, Lingard (lol) will all surely leave end of the season even if they stay up so would just leave them with Awonyini and Sam Surridge so they need a couple more in and he'd certainly be cheaper than last summer.

Why would Dennis leave? he's under contract to 2026 and would be fine in Championship

• 1 month later...

This could be a good move all round. I don't know how Swansea are doing for cash, but we may get a fee for Davis? The link gets a mention halfway down the page, and links originally reported in the Swansea Independant.

Keinan Linked with Swansea

Another attacker linked with Swansea this week is Aston Villa’s Keinan Davis. Swansea Independent say that Duff is keen to strike a deal for the 25-year-old who spent last season on loan with Watford in the Championship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Genuinely think Davis would be a cracking purchase for any championship club. I Watched him a lot last season and was left impressed, sadly he's just not good enough for the Villa anymore. Worked his socks off for Watford last season. 

He will be for sure. I watched a few games last season where he featured in some of those games. He is going to be a very good signing for any club at that level and he definately puts a shift in whenever he plays.

Good luck to the lad whoever he signs for, and if we can pick up a few quid from a sale now then all the better.

As @John has also mentioned, maybe a cheeky sell on clause thrown in there on any sale too, you know, just because we can start doing that kind of thing now when we sell players.

• Like 1

Â