Keinan Davis

a-k

He offers more than samatta in build up play - but if there is a goal mouth scramble (whatever happened to them????) - I think Samatta more likley to put it away.

I think if we are leading the ball sticks up front better with Davis 

whatever division we need to spend big on a striker before next season starts.

23 hours ago, nick76 said:

55 Appearances and 2 Goals....that's in the championship and PL.  Cant say he's not being given a chance when he's not injured.

KD.JPG

I think it'd be interesting to know if there's a single striker who's played in the PL this season with worse stats than that.

He makes Delfouneso's strike-rate look decent, and Marlon Harewood is comparatively prolific.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think it'd be interesting to know if there's a single striker who's played in the PL this season with worse stats than that.

He makes Delfouneso's strike-rate look decent, and Marlon Harewood is comparatively prolific.

Solanke has 3 goals in 60 games in Premier League and 2 of them came last week. Including domestic cup games they both have 4 goals each in English football

By this ratio we could probably ask for 12-15 million for Davis in the transfer market

To have a striker who comes off the bench and almost always drastically improves us  is a fantastic asset to have. Strikers often talk about how hard it is when your coming off the bench, not getting a run of games etc. Its pretty rare to have a player who can come on and instantly make an impact the way he does - i'm actually surprised when he doesn't instantly improve us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He has fantastic strength on the ball and when he gets it he rarely loses it cheaply.Yes his finishing needs to improve but I think we should persevere with him.His goals ratio is deceptive,most of his appearances have been as a substitute.

Confidence is crucial for a striker look at Benteke,a few goals I feel would transform him.He will never be a prolific striker but his hold up play makes up for it.

52 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

He has fantastic strength on the ball and when he gets it he rarely loses it cheaply.Yes his finishing needs to improve but I think we should persevere with him.His goals ratio is deceptive,most of his appearances have been as a substitute.

Confidence is crucial for a striker look at Benteke,a few goals I feel would transform him.He will never be a prolific striker but his hold up play makes up for it.

No it doesn’t because it has no benefit. He creates nothing, the hold up is never in good areas, it never leads to good chances....it’s just a myth plus he seems to lack any urgency in his movement as has been commented on in this thread including against Arsenal.....

On 22/07/2020 at 08:03, nick76 said:

he's left footed

He has everything except for the finishing touch, it's so frustrating. Some of those were unlucky (like when he hit the bar), but most of that is just poor finishing. He focuses more on hitting the target than actually scoring. The one time he tried to put it in the corner (on Tuesday), he fluffed it. He needs finishing training. Pay Harry Kane a week's salary or something to train Keinan, because this can't continue if he wants a future at the club.

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He has everything except for the finishing touch, it's so frustrating. Some of those were unlucky (like when he hit the bar), but most of that is just poor finishing. He focuses more on hitting the target than actually scoring. The one time he tried to put it in the corner (on Tuesday), he fluffed it. He needs finishing training. Pay Harry Kane a week's salary or something to train Keinan, because this can't continue if he wants a future at the club.

I think its more instinct than finishing touch, if he could sniff out a goal by the laws of average he will get a few. I think Terry has a few contacts in the game, get Drogba down to train Wesley how to play up top alone and Davis how to get some goals

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its more instinct than finishing touch, if he could sniff out a goal by the laws of average he will get a few. I think Terry has a few contacts in the game, get Drogba down to train Wesley how to play up top alone and Davis how to get some goals

He creates enough on his own that sniffing out chances might not be as important. But compare his chance to Harry Kane's first goal against Leicester. From a young age, Kane perfected that low finish in the corner. He worked at it, and now it's his bread and butter, regardless of which foot he uses. Davis needs to put 100% of his focus on this aspect of his game because he is great at almost everything else. 

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He creates enough on his own that sniffing out chances might not be as important. But compare his chance to Harry Kane's first goal against Leicester. From a young age, Kane perfected that low finish in the corner. He worked at it, and now it's his bread and butter, regardless of which foot he uses. Davis needs to put 100% of his focus on this aspect of his game because he is great at almost everything else. 

Indeed. It’s what I would do if I were him. Hour or so a day, striking the ball. Developing that technique. Repeat, Repeat and Repeat. Until it’s muscle memory. Low hard in the corner. Maybe he is....

He’s in a fantastic position, with a fantastic opportunity. Add that to his game and he is a premier league striker. He has much of the other attributes needed. Defenders really struggle with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

No it doesn’t because it has no benefit. He creates nothing, the hold up is never in good areas, it never leads to good chances....it’s just a myth plus he seems to lack any urgency in his movement as has been commented on in this thread including against Arsenal.....

Arguing about the relative merits of a player can be a pointless exercise people see different things when we play.

All our strikers have struggled this year and if you listened to most people on here they are all rubbish.There is something about the way we play that doesn’t create lots of chances for our strikers.

When Davis played against Shef Utd he created 2 or 3 chances on his own(unfortunately  that he didn’t convert).None of other strikers are able to do that.Davis is getting into positions where he is having chances how many shots has Samatta had?I can’t think of a single shot he’s had .He does a lot of good work but for me Davis is better.

For me he his our best striking option at the moment and I would start him against West Ham.

Edited by Only2McInallys

10 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

Arguing about the relative merits of a player can be a pointless exercise people see different things when we play.

All our strikers have struggled this year and if you listened to most people on here they are all rubbish.There is something about the way we play that doesn’t create lots of chances for our strikers.

When Davis played against Shef Utd he created 2 or 3 chances on his own(unfortunately  that he didn’t convert).None of other strikers are able to do that.Davis is getting into positions where he is having chances how many shots has Samatta had?I can’t think of a single shot he’s had .He does a lot of good work but for me Davis is better.

For me he his our best striking option at the moment and I would start him against West Ham.

Sorry I just don’t agree with your view on Davis

12 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

I agree with this.  I'm not sure where to get it but I'd like to see the stats based on minutes played and games started.  I acknowledge however that he's clearly not prolific but better than these stats suggest. 

10 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

In my view, we don't win the ball or turn it over, high enough up the pitch...regularly enough.....Because we do it so deep, there is so much further to carry the ball and opposition defenders have time to mark up and close down.

They are not able to create an element of surprise or make a spontaneous run.

They end up being just a target man for a long ball.....which is equally easily cut out by quality defenders.

I think it is midfield inc the wingers where the issue lies.......not saying the strikers are great, i just think our play is a bit predictable.

I do think we need a fox in the box, a forager with pace, who plays on the shoulder of the last defender...a Vardy type.

• Like 1

You do need good strikers.....but I think teams score goals.

its all in the balance and set up of the team.

if a team can win the ball higher up the pitch, it gives them less to do.

Â