Keinan Davis

a-k

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think getting relegated would be a disaster I really do, not because of being relegated, you just dont know if you are going to get back up and you lose a lot in terms of advancing the football club.  To be honest though I actually enjoyed watching the Villa in the Championship from purely a watching games, it was nice to watch even during the less successful times.  We have to stay in the PL I agree and going down would set back the club massively but in terms of watching the games, I didnt mind it.  Advancing the club, growth of the a club and all that, we have to be in the Premier League but from a spectacle I didnt mind championship football.  

If the worst happens and we do get relegated, at least we’ll have the derbies against Birmingham City again

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If the worst happens and we do get relegated, at least we’ll have the derbies against Birmingham City again

I hate the derbies against those losers.  It's a no win situation, we win and we are supposed to win, we lose or draw and we never hear the end of it.  I have many blue-nose friends and we have good banter but the general blose club/fans/environment is horrible and nasty.  I wished our rivalry was more WBA or Wolves to be honest and given history it should be more them from being in the same division and how close WBA's ground is to Villa's but for some reason we are rivals with the blue nose scum and because it is so weighted in our favour it's a no win situation for us.  So dont mind the Championship but wish the Blues were relegated to League 1.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

This is one of the worst things about relegation to me. How can anyone look forward to a game which brings out the worst in fans of both sides? 

I'd much rather never play them again. The scenes of thousands of fans cheering on someone running onto the pitch and punching a player are something I'd rather not have to watch again. 

I think you phrased it well, the punch by the Birmingham City fan was nasty and should never have been allowed to happen but Grealish dealt with it very well. 

I look forward to the match because they haven’t beaten us in the league since 2005 and I can have a bit of friendly banter with mates about it

47 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I hate the derbies against those losers.  It's a no win situation, we win and we are supposed to win, we lose or draw and we never hear the end of it.  I have many blue-nose friends and we have good banter but the general blose club/fans/environment is horrible and nasty.  I wished our rivalry was more WBA or Wolves to be honest and given history it should be more them from being in the same division and how close WBA's ground is to Villa's but for some reason we are rivals with the blue nose scum and because it is so weighted in our favour it's a no win situation for us.  So dont mind the Championship but wish the Blues were relegated to League 1.

I don't mind SHA one atm as they've got it into their heads they simply can't beat us anymore which is nice after the way it was for a few years from 2002.

West Brom and Wolves have gone the other way. Up to 2011 I never felt worried about playing them as we never seemed to lose. We actually haven't won now at the Hawthorns since September 2008. Actually had to double check that but it's true although of course they've been many draws and even the play off defeat felt like a win because of the penalty shoot out. They've also won a couple of times at VP in that period.

We used to win all the time at Molineux aswell but we're on a run of defeats now there and are getting outplayed also due to the the gulf between the two teams as reflected in the league positions.

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I don't mind SHA one atm as they've got it into their heads they simply can't beat us anymore which is nice after the way it was for a few years from 2002.

West Brom and Wolves have gone the other way. Up to 2011 I never felt worried about playing them as we never seemed to lose. We actually haven't won now at the Hawthorns since September 2008. Actually had to double check that but it's true although of course they've been many draws and even the play off defeat felt like a win because of the penalty shoot out. They've also won a couple of times at VP in that period.

We used to win all the time at Molineux aswell but we're on a run of defeats now there and are getting outplayed also due to the the gulf between the two teams as reflected in the league positions.

See I dont mind that about WBA and Wolves, I love a good challenge against rivals....sometimes they are better and sometimes we are better over the decades.....it's all good.  As for Blues, I just dont like them and not for the games, just generally....like that mate of a mate, that turns up occasionally for a night out and is always a dick or causes trouble, you can guarantee it.  WBA and Wolves are rivals, that it's good every season to have a bit more on the line than usual and it's always good healthy banter leading up to the games.

Edited by nick76

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think it is reflective of how the teams have developed generally.

Albion were always a hit and miss team.....now they are a more rounded outfit.....Wolves much the same, they too have added that " hard to beat" edge.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Agree entirely with this. The short stints ive seen of him show he has an excellent first touch, the ability to hold up the ball, and the ability to find another player. That all sounds incredibly basic, but comparing directly to what was on the pitch before him on those rare occasions he was a class apart.

If he can avoid injury, which sadly seems incredibly unlikely, he could be very good. If he is showing promise in training and is fit, I'd start him. 

Its the basics that are so crucially important.

Albion are pretty much the same as they've been for a long time now which is a yo yo team, Wolves just happen to be going through their most successful period in fifty or sixty years, whilst we're going through one of our worst periods.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Albion are pretty much the same as they've been for a long time now which is a yo yo team, Wolves just happen to be going through their most successful period in fifty or sixty years, whilst we're going through one of our worst periods.

I think with players like Barry and fletcher they bolstered that fragile midfield and became harder to beat.

Darren Fletcher left Albion three years ago now, Barry has only played three times this season. They're the same as they've been for a long time, do well in the championship but then struggle in the premier league, only difference is that we've sunk to that level ourselves now, which is why we don't find games as easy against them as we might have done when we were a better team, I guess that's just logical really.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, useless said:

Darren Fletcher left Albion three years ago now, Barry has only played three times this season. They're the same as they've been for a long time, do well in the championship but then struggle in the premier league, only difference is that we've sunk to that level ourselves now, which is why we don't find games as easy against them as we might have done when we were a better team, I guess that's just logical really.

I wasn't talking about 1 season.

I don't think they are the same as they have been for a long time....they have added a level of consistency.?....their overall quality needs to improve, but the balance is better and their ability to concede so easy in the past, has been improved.

I think going after Fletcher and Barry was the sort to help bolster their midfield.

Edited by TRO

My point is that the main reason we've struggled against Albion recently more than we used to is because we're not as good as we used to be, not because they've improved a greatly.

23 hours ago, useless said:

My point is that the main reason we've struggled against Albion recently more than we used to is because we're not as good as we used to be, not because they've improved a greatly.

I agree....but we are not as good, for the reasons i have outlined, in many of my posts. We can score goals, we just can't stop them.

what i meant was Albion have improved defensively and thus made them a more rounded team.

We have one of the best creative midfielders in the country and we are still 19th....it helps to highlight where our weaknesses are.

my point is.....other area's are being dismissed as ok and they are not ok.

as a team, we can't defend......that has to be a crucial priority, when the window is opened.

Edited by TRO

Well you rather make my point for me, the reason that Albion have done better against us recently is because we're not as good as we used to be. Not sure about Albion being better defensively either, I've watched a few times this season and they're not very defensively minded or particularly robust, they just happen to have better and more skillful players than most other teams in the championship and play better football than most of them. If they were in the Premier league unless they made big changes would be doing just as bad we are if not worse.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, useless said:

Well you rather make my point for me, the reason that Albion have done better against us recently is because we're not as good as we used to be. Not sure about Albion being better defensively either, I've watched a few times this season and they're not very defensively minded or particularly robust, they just happen to have better and more skillful players than most other teams in the championship and play better football than most of them. If they were in the Premier league unless they made big changes would be doing just as bad we are if not worse.

I think we are arguing different points....i accept we have got worse in recent years.

On Albion

They have conceded 37 goals in 37 games, so far.....last season they conceded 62 in 46 games......that rather makes a point for me too.

Edited by TRO

They're defensively fragile, and are often bailed out by their young right-back Nathan Ferguson, they're aren't doing well because they're some supremely robust team who are playing footall like it used to be played in the good old days, it's because they have better players than most other teams in the championship.

On 08/06/2020 at 19:08, useless said:

These periods are not driven by the stars or a cyclical thing like a carousel.....its because teams do the right things, that brings success. Its getting a number of factors right over a period of time consistently.

If we keep getting it wrong, like we have been pre NSWE....we will be in this last 10 years or so state, for years.

I do get the impression with some folk think that things will just come good on their own....or its just bad luck if we don't....or thats just Villa isn't it?

We are on the right path or we are not and the consequences will reveal themselves in due course.....it will eventually become clear, whether this administration has got it right, or not.

teams that improve, do it incrementally, not switch a light on and it changes.....so those incremental improvements should be noticable,if we are ever to acheive a significant amount of improvement to make a difference.

I will leave it to your own opinion, if you think we are on the right lines.

Â