Keinan Davis

a-k

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Sadly, if Keinan is coming in to save our season, best let the season's family know it's on life support and it's not looking good...

I like Keinan and hope he can have a good career here, but I don't think he's ever going to be a Prem striker. 

We’ve had some good spells for some players below average. Sylla for example helped us staying up, we used him properly. Davis himself helped us turning our season under Bruce. 

He doesn’t have to be a PL regular starter. We could do with his form for 4-5 games. That would help.

Edit: Hogan himself helped us in our 7 wins run before Grabban came.

Edited by abdulaziz1

7 hours ago, Junxs said:

Sadly it would take a lot more than that to get KD scoring. I despair if we have to rely on him until the end of the season

Wesley has 1 goal in 13 games. 

I think KD can do the hold up play better than Wes and TBH I think he might even grab a couple of goals. 

Ultimately Davis is not having to replicate the exploits of a goal scoring forward, I think he can do a job until we sign another forward. 

53 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

What is Davis' injury situation. I had thought he was out for most of the season? Is he close to coming back or are we just assuming based on Wes' injury?

Last words I heard from DS was that he was due to start running 2 weeks from now (that was 3 or so weeks ago I think).

So assuming nothing has changed he should be working on fitness etc right now?

I don't know if I posted it at the time but a good year ago I heard a rumour that the fitness lads at the club were absolutely fuming at Steve Bruce for his handling of Davis' injuries and the prolonged playing of him whilst half fit.

It is really coming home to roost now. I don't see Keinan playing much of a part for us, he just cannot stay fit.

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Great we've got a week spare before the next league game.

Get ready Kei, you're coming in to save our season.

He wouldn't even be a standout striker at Championship level, if he has to lead our line for significant parts of this season we're going down.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Last words I heard from DS was that he was due to start running 2 weeks from now (that was 3 or so weeks ago I think).

The word was he was in full training prior to Burnley and could feature. I’m hoping his absence was a precaution and not due to another set back. 

Everytime we have an injury crisis up front, he's part of it.  The last few months would have been a golden opportunity for him.  I am worried he is another made of glass type.

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Wesley has 1 goal in 13 games. 

I think KD can do the hold up play better than Wes and TBH I think he might even grab a couple of goals. 

Ultimately Davis is not having to replicate the exploits of a goal scoring forward, I think he can do a job until we sign another forward. 

It's the 4 in 7 before the 1 in 13 that Davis could never replicate. Personally would much much rather Kodjia replace Wesley as KD just isn't going to cut it.. ideally we need to get someone new in. 

9 minutes ago, Junxs said:

It's the 4 in 7 before the 1 in 13 that Davis could never replicate. Personally would much much rather Kodjia replace Wesley as KD just isn't going to cut it.. ideally we need to get someone new in. 

KD the better link up player , Kodjia arguably the bigger goal threat. Personally I think Kodjia even with Wes injury is going to be off this month whilst re can recoup some money for him that could be used to pay for a loan player

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Thanks, good to hear. 

Keinan has all the attributes except for belief and confidence.

Get that into him somehow, keep him fit and well and he could be good player, even at this level.

Trouble is, belief and confidence are probably the hardest things to coach into someone.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Keinan has all the attributes except for belief and confidence.

Get that into him somehow, keep him fit and well and he could be good player, even at this level.

Trouble is, belief and confidence are probably the hardest things to coach into someone.

I rate him a lot and think he could be a real asset. You may be right but I’m not sure we can really judge his belief/confidence from afar, especially as he was only 19 when he had his extended run in the first team.

1 hour ago, Nabby said:

KD the better link up player , Kodjia arguably the bigger goal threat. Personally I think Kodjia even with Wes injury is going to be off this month whilst re can recoup some money for him that could be used to pay for a loan player

There's no "arguably" about it!

I rate Keinan very highly. Albeit, based on Championship performances. But still, his hold up and link up play seems better than Wesley’s, and that is what our lone forward’s role seems to mainly be based around. Bringing the other players into attacking positions.

If Davis is fit for the Man City game, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him start upfront with Jack & Trez behind him in the 3-4-3.

KD workrate >> Kodj

KD hold up play >> Kodj & Wesley

KD skills & goals << Kodj

But we have Jack, Hourihane, Luiz, Trez & El Ghazi capable of putting the ball in the net. 

• Like 2

Â