Keinan Davis

a-k

18 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

His level may well be Championship but I think I’d have him over Watkins at the moment. We should have kept him and loaned Archer. 

I have always like Ollie.....but right now, he's not effective in goal scoring terms.

holding the ball up, is very noble, but its not enough for the money we pay out in wages.

• Like 1

To be quite honest I have always liked Keinan and knew there was a player in there once he had a run of games. He finally got that at Forest and helped them to promotion. He now looks like a very good Championship striker with potential to develop into a very good bottom half Premier League one. His finishing is coming on now, unlike Watkins who appears to be going backwards in that regard.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

To be quite honest I have always liked Keinan and knew there was a player in there once he had a run of games. He finally got that at Forest and helped them to promotion. He now looks like a very good Championship striker with potential to develop into a very good bottom half Premier League one. His finishing is coming on now, unlike Watkins who appears to be going backwards in that regard.

A bit harsh on Watkins, Watkins had a better goal per game record last season in all competitions than Davis did, whilst playing in a much stronger league, for a team that was struggling, whereas Davis played in one of the best teams in their league. I guess it would be interesting to see and compare their xG etc. 

We can't judge any players while we are playing the style of football we did against Leeds, it was dreadful , aimlessly hitting balls anywhere. Not even into space. 

McGinn is a typical example of a player who in the same week can play very well at international level and then come back to the Villa and look bang average at best. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

A bit harsh on Watkins, Watkins had a better goal per game record last season in all competitions than Davis did, whilst playing in a much stronger league, for a team that was struggling, whereas Davis played in one of the best teams in their league. I guess it would be interesting to see and compare their xG etc. 

Goals per minute is a lot more useful than goals per game also.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t be any worse than Watkins

For me he would’ve given us a different dimension, I actually believe he would have enabled us to play further up the field which would benefit the likes of Buendia and Coutinho. 

16 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

As much as I like him and now a very good championship player (completely proved me wrong on this), his movement and awareness in around the box is still lacking.

When do we get the ball in the box!? What we need is someone to hold the ball up for our midfield to catch up.  Davies would be better at that than Ollie in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

When do we get the ball in the box!? What we need is someone to hold the ball up for our midfield to catch up.  Davies would be better at that than Ollie in my opinion.

Ollie does that absolutely fine tbh. It’s the midfield not doing the catching up bit that lets us down. 

• Like 1

On 02/10/2022 at 21:21, VillaChris said:

Is it fixed that Watford have to sign him permanently or is it dependent on if they go up?

Belated reply, but I understand that they only have to make the signing permanent, if they are promoted. It would be a shame, if he spent another season trying to get a club up, only for them to riggle out of signing him at the end of the season. 

Â