Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Hernandes scored goals last season but never looked that good (when I watched Hull). I'd be happy that we're not in for him.

If he scores goals, then he is good!.......you cant actually win a game without scoring!

2 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

If he scores goals, then he is good!.......you cant actually win a game without scoring!

I don't rate him at all, his goal tally last season was as flattering as Gestede's 20 in a season.

• Like 1

After watching Gestede last season, he proved that he is NOT a PL player. He did however score goals in this division, when a team played to his strengths.

Yesterday we did nothing for him. Hutton and Cissokho couldnt clear the first man, every time we got the ball in a position to cross it we passed it around.

Id look at getting the issues sorted of creating chances, because even if we get RM or JK we will still struggle to create anything for them.

Hopefully with Amavi back that creates something from the left, but we need more down the right. Hutton marauds forwards like a gazelle, but as soon as he gets into the final third he loses it all.

Agree with others that a defensive mid is needed, not got a man to throw in a tackle or cut out the opponents chances, have lacked that for a long time now.

8 minutes ago, sleaves said:

Yesterday we did nothing for him. Hutton and Cissokho couldnt clear the first man, every time we got the ball in a position to cross it we passed it around.

Not true. We put in several balls early doors then realised it was pointless with a CF who doesn't move or attack anything.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

People saying we've done nothing yet? We've addressed our biggest two problems, goalkeeper and lack of leadership/centre back. With Elphick we've got ourselves an experienced captain and (hopefully) a rock in defence. 

Gollini it's too early to see if he's an improvement but it's a key area that's been addressed early on. 

Our biggest problem for years and years has been central midfield. It's been continually rubbish since the O'Neill era ended.

• Like 4

Kodija I think will happen,

Morrison I can't see happening at all. 

I think we'll get a good loan signing and probably end up with someone we haven't been linked to this window yet. 

Could see us potentially bidding big big money on Tom Ince or Chris Martin from Derby. 

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Kodija I think will happen,

Morrison I can't see happening at all. 

I think we'll get a good loan signing and probably end up with someone we haven't been linked to this window yet. 

Could see us potentially bidding big big money on Tom Ince or Chris Martin from Derby. 

God i hope you are itk!

I assume FFP is the main reason we're looking to offload before we buy good players (hopefully), rather than just buying loads now and letting the dross rot training with the kids, as it could risk longer term problems with transfer embargoes etc.?

This seems a more likely reason for only signing 3 players so far than the 'Xia is a fraud' scenario.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Seems a strange link. Why would he drop down? Why would hull not want him? Why would hull want Gestede?

None of it really makes sense. Would be a good signing if we can pull it off.

new coach perhaps?

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Hernandes scored goals last season but never looked that good (when I watched Hull). I'd be happy that we're not in for him.

I never watched him once last season. I'd like the goals though but hopefully there's better options we can attract. 

1 hour ago, westholmevillan said:

Yes, but he's the kind that misses 4 sitters a game and scores another, more difficult chance.  We don't even create that much!

There are many, many better strikers out there who should be obtainable. 

Bamford is a must. Good age. Huge potential. Proven in championship and he knows RDM and vice versa. No brainer. McCormack for 12 million. Even if he only produces this season and we go up. Seriously? Worth it. Surely we can afford those two even if Bamford is a loan

• Like 4