Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

35 minutes ago, useless said:

We dont' need another deep midfielder like Brtitton. Westwood, Sánchez , Tshibola and Gardner all play in that position as it is, and we haven't even sold Gueye yet.

Westwood is ineffective, and a waste of a midfield position; Sanchez has a strong presence, but always has a fatal mistake in him; Gardner has the ability, I think, and I want him to do well, but not convinced he will; Tshibola I though showed promise yesterday. 

I think we need someone there, and to get rid of Westwood at least.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

And has been utter shite at it in England. We desperately need creative quality to come in.

And yet the most effective of our midfielders.

I agree with Useless. He has talent, and will have a very good career. He needs to be played in the position where he excels.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Flamini, Muntari, Viana, Meirelles, Osman, Faurlin, OHara, Fausto Rossi, Mo Sissoko, Diakite are all out of contract apparently.

Flamini & Muntari- yes please, but not gonna happen.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Westwood is ineffective, and a waste of a midfield position; Sanchez has a strong presence, but always has a fatal mistake in him; Gardner has the ability, I think, and I want him to do well, but not convinced he will; Tshibola I though showed promise yesterday. 

I think we need someone there, and to get rid of Westwood at least.

Not that I'm over protecting Westwood, but he and Gardner protected the defense for the first 45 minutes very well. It wasn't until Tshibola came on did the massive gaps start to appear.

Not saying we don't need better, but it wasn't all down to him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Leon Britton and Osman are both still free agents I believe. Would anyone take them to add some experience to the team?

Passed away a couple of years ago. 

('everyone together . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . Still more mobile than Gestede!')

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Not that I'm over protecting Westwood, but he and Gardner protected the defense for the first 45 minutes very well. It wasn't until Tshibola came on did the massive gaps start to appear.

Not saying we don't need better, but it wasn't all down to him.

I thought we really missed Gardner second half. I could see why forest fans liked him in that position . 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, penguin said:

I'd definitely take Osman, think he'd do a job middle of the park. Experienced head and seems a model professional, the more of them at the club the better.

He would be a very welcome addition in my eyes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He would be a very welcome addition in my eyes.

I'd just worry at 35 he's passed his best, and to that end what kind of a deal would we offer him? a one year contract perhaps? Again I can't see him starting in the Prem' next season assuming we go up.

1 minute ago, Supervillan78 said:

I'd just worry at 35 he's passed his best, and to that end what kind of a deal would we offer him? a one year contract perhaps? Again I can't see him starting in the Prem' next season assuming we go up.

At 35 he is certainly passed his best so save yourself the worry on that one ;)

As for the Prem, we can worry about that as and when we get back there and in terms of contract no club would give a 35 year old more than 1 year, or shouldn't.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

At 35 he is certainly passed his best so save yourself the worry on that one ;)

As for the Prem, we can worry about that as and when we get back there and in terms of contract no club would give a 35 year old more than 1 year, or shouldn't.

Any inside hint or just personal opinion?

Everton fans seem to think Osman is a busted flush and has been for a while. If we're going to sign someone as advanced in years as he is, I'd rather it be someone who's had an exceptional career. and might still have something to offer If we're going for an old head from

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Any inside hint or just personal opinion?

Purely personal opinion.

I'd like to see us add Osman and Barry, I think that would seriously improve both the mentality of the squad and our options in midfield. Granted both are knocking on but neither ever had much pace or relied upon what they had, I'd then make sure we had legs around them. 

That would be the two additions I'd be looking to make and then I'd be trying to sort out the lack of width and the striker. 

Do those things and I think we'd be in reasonable shape, albeit with a few toss bags that need showing the door but that is quite some task.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Everton fans seem to think Osman is a busted flush and has been for a while. If we're going to sign someone as advanced in years as he is, I'd rather it be someone who's had an exceptional career. and might still have something to offer If we're going for an old head from

What like Pires?

Sorry I'm being deliberately obtuse there but for a purpose. I just think a players character is more important than what they've achieved, someone like Osman gives everything in every game, someone like Pires.... well we don't need to go there do we. I just think someone who has had an exceptional career at the age of 35 isn't likely to want to join us in the Championship and even if they did I doubt they would give much of a damn.

But just my view...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Purely personal opinion.

I'd like to see us add Osman and Barry, I think that would seriously improve both the mentality of the squad and our options in midfield. Granted both are knocking on but neither ever had much pace or relied upon what they had, I'd then make sure we had legs around them. 

That would be the two additions I'd be looking to make and then I'd be trying to sort out the lack of width and the striker. 

Do those things and I think we'd be in reasonable shape, albeit with a few toss bags that need showing the door but that is quite some task.

I think that's such a sad indictment of our midfield. Although 100% accurate.

Edited by Supervillan78

12 minutes ago, useless said:

remember pires? doctor, dont sign any more veterans please, they are painful to watch.