Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I'm dry as a bone honest. If it's damp it's from when I washed my hands earlier and it splashed.  

Surely an opportunity missed, what with you being a piss lover and all that...

:P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Surely an opportunity missed, what with you being a piss lover and all that...

:P

Only in to other people's piss, and then only on chips. :P

Loving this new speculation/piss thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

In his present condition Barry would actually need good players around him to affect games. I wouldn't be surprised if we did sign him, that after a few games people started stating that he doesn't do anything, similar to how they do with Westwood.

Present condition? Has he put on two stone over the summer?

He was evertons player of the year, he does more in his sleep than Westwood ever has done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Present condition? Has he put on two stone over the summer?

He was evertons player of the year, he does more in his sleep than Westwood ever has done.

So you're saying he has a serious case of sleep apnea?

Barry in his current incarnation is a very similar style of player to Westwood. He might be better but they play a similar style of game, in fact I was looking on an Everton forum the other day and they were moaning about him in exactly the same way people moan about AW on here (moaning was mixed in with some praise too). We need a different type of midfielder before we think about Gareth Barry.

Just now, useless said:

Barry in his current incarnation is a very similar style of player to Westwood. He might be better but they play a similar style of game, in fact I was looking on an Everton forum the other day and they were moaning about him in exactly the same way people moan about AW on here (moaning was mixed in with some praise too). We need a different type of midfielder before we think about Gareth Barry.

Barry may be tasked with the same role as Westwood, but he performs it at a level that Westwood can only dream of. Even today.

This isn't a slight on Westwood, it's just that Barry has never had pace, but now has all the experience of 500+ games performing at the highest level in English football.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-see-luis-alberto-transfer-11687638

Liverpool see Luis Alberto transfer to Sevilla fall through - but Championship clubs pursue Spaniard

Sevilla were the favourites to re-sign the player they sold to Liverpool for £6.8million three years ago

Liverpool midfielder Luis Alberto is being pursued by a number of Championship clubs after a proposed return to Sevilla fell through.

The Reds want £6million for the Spaniard, who doesn't feature in Jurgen Klopp's plans for this season.

Sevilla were the favourites to re-sign the player they sold to Liverpool for £6.8million three years ago.

However, the Europa League holders were unwilling to meet the asking price and that deal is now off.

Alberto looks likely to remain in England with Wolves and QPR among those clubs keen to secure his services. Aston Villa have also expressed an interest in the 23-year-old.

The £6millon package Liverpool want includes appearance related add-ons.

Alberto, who last played for the Reds in the 4-0 rout of Everton in January 2014, spent last season on loan at Deportivo La Coruna. He scored six goals and provided seven assists in 29 appearances in La Liga.

He returned to Melwood for the start of pre-season but failed to impress and Klopp left him out of the squad for the tour of America.

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Like 1