Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

People saying we've done nothing yet? We've addressed our biggest two problems, goalkeeper and lack of leadership/centre back. With Elphick we've got ourselves an experienced captain and (hopefully) a rock in defence. 

Gollini it's too early to see if he's an improvement but it's a key area that's been addressed early on. 

19 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

My major concern is how many of those would we have created!

To be fair mate, that could be said for any striker.

I'd like to see RDM have a look at Adam Henley (Blackburn RB). Only just turned 22 with good experience in the championship, including a spell with Gestede in the same team where he had no issue supplying him with good quality crosses. Seems to have a lot of potential and going into the last year of his contract.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Duncan Castles reporting that we are after Abel Hernandez and offering Gestede as part of the deal.

Would be happy with that. He did well in the championship last year. 

Di Matteo wants to trim the squad, if he's trying to sign a striker it makes sense that he might also try and get rid of one we already have that is surplus to requirements, in the process.

Edited by useless

14 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Duncan Castles reporting that we are after Abel Hernandez and offering Gestede as part of the deal.

I'm not sure trying to do a part exchange is the sign of club who has much money.

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Or is it the sign of a club trying to get rid of a Totem Pole at the same time?

This for me, it will be branded a sign we have no money but for me it's a sign that we know we are struggling to shift players and rudy is shit that no one will pay for so it makes sense to get rid of him at the same time

dont worry about the positives that a newly promoted player will drop back down for us just try and find something negative...it's the villa fan way

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Seems a strange link. Why would he drop down? Why would hull not want him? Why would hull want Gestede? 

None of it really makes sense. Would be a good signing if we can pull it off. 

Well he was absolutely useless in the premier league first time around... Would be a good signing for us though.

1 hour ago, Pilchard said:

I'm not sure trying to do a part exchange is the sign of club who has much money.

Gets Gestede off the books at the same time, makes offer possibly more appealing to selling club, free's up a squad number, one less player to manage, makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, Pilchard said:

Man City have part exchanged players with us. Often, the incentive of a player in exchange is the carrot required to clinch a deal. I wouldn't read anything negative into that.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Hull would literally need to be mental to make that deal. If that's a rumour he's trying to start then Mr Castle needs to try harder next time. Something remotely believable would be a start.

• Like 1