Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

We have a huge squad. Why do we have 3 LBs and no sign of outgoings. 2 poor RBs and no sign of getting rid of them? 5 CBs...and again no sign we want to get rid of any of them. 

I would have at least expected us to get rid of some of this shit by now to make way...

Give it a rest...it's **** repetitive

Urgh, depressed. But I guess we have to give it until the window shuts otherwise we jump,the gun. I have to try and be optimistic despite the profound sinking feeling.

cant see how we are going to splash £30m let alone £30m net

Alan Nixon saying we will pay 10 mill+ for Kodija gives me a lot of hope - he was very informed last summer so this could deffo have legs. Kodija instead of Gestede today would have scored at least 1. 

We have lacked a leader in midfield. We are selling Gueye. I like the look of tishbola but he's inexperienced. Are we seriously going to go into the season with out another Central midfielder? Morrison would be good but he is a risk and anything but a leader. Doesn't sound like were after one. Dr says striker and attacking midfielder. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Alan Nixon saying we will pay 10 mill+ for Kodija gives me a lot of hope - he was very informed last summer so this could deffo have legs. Kodija instead of Gestede today would have scored at least 1. 

We need two. He will be at the African nations in January. Then we have to watch Gestede again. Bamford is a must.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KSV said:

We need two. He will be at the African nations in January. Then we have to watch Gestede again. Bamford is a must.

no guarantee though he be going. just capped recently and Ivory Coast have Kalou, Doumbia, Sio, Bony and Gervinho for forward positions

29 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Hes barely worth half that.

In todays market he would be good value from what I have seen.  Could easily get more for him in 3-4 years.   More importantly, people need to see the bigger picture. We are a team desperate for a striker (under statement).  Pay a few million over the odds for him and few other players, get promoted and we get £80m or something for getting back into the PL - then I think he would be "worth" that.  It would also mean we wouldn't have to watch Gestede stand still every week - that has to be worth a million or two

Edited by Gary Thomas

Norwich agree 12 million for McCormack. Would prefer him to Kodjia. Seems to offer a more all round game than just scoring. He's also not a one off 20 goals a season player. Kojdia reminds me of Gestede with Blackburn. Surely 12 million is nothing if he's going to get us in the Premier League. Still 29.. will get at least 2-3 years out of him. Worth it if he gets us promoted alone. No brainer for me.

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

Norwich agree 12 million for McCormack. Would prefer him to Kodjia. Seems to offer a more all round game than just scoring. He's also not a one off 20 goals a season player. Kojdia reminds me of Gestede with Blackburn. Surely 12 million is nothing if he's going to get us in the Premier League. Still 29.. will get at least 2-3 years out of him. Worth it if he gets us promoted alone. No brainer for me.

How many goals in this reel do you think Rudy could have scored?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

How many goals in this reel do you think Rudy could have scored?

My major concern is how many of those would we have created!

4? The penalties on a lucky day, and even the headed corner beat the first man which we fail to do 9/10 times if Westwood takes them. The odd lumped ball forward. 

But most of those goals are created by a good pass into space and movement. I forgot they even existed! 

Just now, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

My major concern is how many of those would we have created!

4? The penalties on a lucky day, and even the headed corner beat the first man which we fail to do 9/10 times if Westwood takes them. The odd lumped ball forward. 

But most of those goals are created by a good pass into space and movement. I forgot they even existed! 

Can't argue with that, although I would be surprised if we had the same midfield as we do now come the end of the transfer window.

My point is still valid to KSV though - he's nothing like Gestede. He's fast, moves and has a range of finishes in his repertoire. None of which can be said of Gestede.

Just now, StanBalaban said:

Can't argue with that, although I would be surprised if we had the same midfield as we do now come the end of the transfer window.

My point is still valid to KSV though - he's nothing like Gestede. He's fast, moves and has a range of finishes in his repertoire. None of which can be said of Gestede.

Don't disagree that he looks good certainly better than we have. And ayew could link well with him I think. If xia is right and we are still after an attacking mid then I'd be far more optimistic. But with the team we played yesterday I don't see us creating much for anyone. 

2 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Don't disagree that he looks good certainly better than we have. And ayew could link well with him I think. If xia is right and we are still after an attacking mid then I'd be far more optimistic. But with the team we played yesterday I don't see us creating much for anyone. 

I look at the transfer window as a whole as it hasn't really got going yet. Anywhere really. Let's look at a list of players (not just Villa related) that we think will move over this window, but have yet to do so:

Beneteke, McCormack, Gueye, Pogba, Morrison, Clough, Knockaert, Bamford, Kodjia, Richards, Hendrick, Barry, Hughes, De Laet.... 

I would say the vast majority of those players will leave their current club this window but haven't gone anywhere as yet. There's a lot of business yet to be done at most clubs, not just Villa.