Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The way I look at this, (provided that idiot fox didnt put a minimum release fee) if a club wants him they have to pay top dollar to take him. I would no way sell him for 10m. He will be a full squad French International one day I am sure of that. 

I fully agree with this. I wouldn't want to let him go and I think the fact that there has been no leak of a release clause from a loose lipped agent (I know you wouldn't believe it but there are some out there) would suggest that there isn't a release clause.

Push Amavi further forward. 
Sign a good LB in Cunningham.

Then you have:

-----------------------------Ayew-----------------------------
Amavi--------------------Grealish-------------------Traore
--------------------Gana-------Tshibola-------------------
Cunningham------Elphick----Okore-------------New Rb.

I've heard 'New Rb' is flip hot as well so everyone's a winner.
We don't even need a keeper.

• Like 2

We will need a big squad next season. At present we have 3 lb's of varying talent. Amavi could turn out to be world class but he's coming back from a big injury so you need a replacement who can hold their own. Cunningham seems to be big for a FB so he'd actually give a different option especially as Bennett is just a lesser version of Amavi. For me I'd sell Cissokho and Bennett and bring in Cunningham. Amavi though is our LB and he shouldn't be moved to accommodate someone. He is good enough to play further forward but why do it? If you want a new left winger buy one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Does anybody else spent hours wondering who trents 'Mole' is - owners, managers, coaches come and go - but he still has the ITK - my money is on Sid Cowans !

The only other constant over the last 10yrs is Gabby, but then Trent can string a sentence together so the mystery continues. 

12 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

We will need a big squad next season. At present we have 3 lb's of varying talent. Amavi could turn out to be world class but he's coming back from a big injury so you need a replacement who can hold their own. Cunningham seems to be big for a FB so he'd actually give a different option especially as Bennett is just a lesser version of Amavi.

5 centre metres taller than Bennett. I know our squad full of small players but Cunningham isnt a giant

44 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

We will need a big squad next season. At present we have 3 lb's of varying talent. Amavi could turn out to be world class but he's coming back from a big injury so you need a replacement who can hold their own. Cunningham seems to be big for a FB so he'd actually give a different option especially as Bennett is just a lesser version of Amavi. For me I'd sell Cissokho and Bennett and bring in Cunningham. Amavi though is our LB and he shouldn't be moved to accommodate someone. He is good enough to play further forward but why do it? If you want a new left winger buy one. 

I could never work out whether Amavi is actually left footed as he sometimes seemed to favour his right foot when dribbling but then put in a pearler of a cross with his left.  He played at right back for the France Under 21s, perhaps he could solve that problem while we bring in a new left back.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Cunningham would be the end of Amavi at Villa, solid enough left back and wants break back into Ireland squad

definite replacement for Amavi leaving

Unlikely that Amavi will be leaving. And links to Cunningham are tenuous.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Professional footballer in two footed competence shocker.

:trollface:

It is really rare!  I was wondering during the Euros whether Daniel Sturridge has ever touched a football with his right foot before (though no doubt he's scored a right-footed goal against us in the past).  It's not very often that I can't tell which foot is a player's strongest like with Amavi.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I just made that up. But with him being their official player of the year and fans player of the year, I imagine he'll want to go somewhere where he'll get plenty of games.

And that is how to win a discussion. :D:D:D