Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Gana and Tshibola would be quiet an energetic midfield if we can keep Gana. The Sanchez story being jumped on that French news site that basically said Sky were completely wrong about Gana going as OM has no money, perhaps Sky just heard they were trying to sign a midfielder from us and made the obvious conclusion.

I'd be pretty amazed if we keep Gana.  The only one more likely to go than him is Amavi IMO.  I wouldn't be overly shocked if Leicester tried to replace Kante with him for example.  He's too good for the Championship.  Please stay ;)

I'd be pretty amazed if we keep Gana.  The only one more likely to go than him is Amavi IMO.  I wouldn't be overly shocked if Leicester tried to replace Kante with him for example.  He's too good for the Championship.  Please stay ;)

The amount of press coming from Amavi and the OS website says to me that he is pretty set on staying. Certainly until January anyway... 

• Like 3

Just now, cyrusr said:

The amount of press coming from Amavi and the OS website says to me that he is pretty set on staying. Certainly until January anyway... 

Yeah that's true.  I've been happy with the coverage he's been getting so I don't think he's itching to leave or anything.  It's just that he's clearly so good that if someone in the Premier League has any sense they'll come in with an offer we can't refuse, and that can happen for a good while yet.

Just now, BOF said:

Yeah that's true.  I've been happy with the coverage he's been getting so I don't think he's itching to leave or anything.  It's just that he's clearly so good that if someone in the Premier League has any sense they'll come in with an offer we can't refuse, and that can happen for a good while yet.

That's why him being injured for most of last season may actually pay off now! ;) 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cunningham would be the end of Amavi at Villa, solid enough left back and wants break back into Ireland squad

definite replacement for Amavi leaving

Well then I sincerely hope we don't buy Cunningham :) 

• Like 2

Amavi could have close to 10 games under his belt by the time the window closes incl. friendlies. If anyone is watching him closely or was watching him before his injury or before he joined us they could be tempted.....

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cunningham would be the end of Amavi at Villa, solid enough left back and wants break back into Ireland squad

definite replacement for Amavi leaving

Or the end of Cissokho/Bennett?  Could easily be bought as back-up to Amavi, no?

(Assuming we're in for him, of course!)

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Amavi could have close to 10 games under his belt by the time the window closes incl. friendlies. If anyone is watching him closely or was watching him before his injury or before he joined us they could be tempted.....

The way I look at this, (provided that idiot fox didnt put a minimum release fee) if a club wants him they have to pay top dollar to take him. I would no way sell him for 10m. He will be a full squad French International one day I am sure of that. 

2 minutes ago, useless said:

He won't come here to sit on the bench. One of the best left-backs in the division.

I'll have to take your word for it - certainly didn't watch much of Preston last season!

I just made that up. But with him being their official player of the year and fans player of the year, I imagine he'll want to go somewhere where he'll get plenty of games.

• Like 1