Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Cheap in comparison to who we're signing next VillanousOne B)

*immediately goes onto sign some shit player on a free transfer*

17 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

My theory for what it's worth...

We've signed a few fairly cheap targets early on, because they were available or we needed to act fast.  From there RDM has given the squad a chance to impress him (or change his mind, as he's no doubt studied footage of us last season).  Whilst that's been going on we've been testing the water with bigger targets... a few enquiries etc, finding out who might be available for what price.

Now RDM and Wyness are flying out to China this weekend to meet up with Dr X, for a press conference to introduce them to the Chinese media. Err ok, but that can't be the main reason can it? :suspect:

I think its also a chance for them to have a bit of a pow-wow and agree the second stage of our recruitment plan.  RDM is probably using this time to propose who stays, who goes and which targets we now push hard to get in.  Who knows, may be our new mysterious technical director is out there too?  

I think by the end of next week we'll begin to see some exciting links popping up!

Me likey!

19 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

My theory for what it's worth...

We've signed a few fairly cheap targets early on, because they were available or we needed to act fast.  From there RDM has given the squad a chance to impress him (or change his mind, as he's no doubt studied footage of us last season).  Whilst that's been going on we've been testing the water with bigger targets... a few enquiries etc, finding out who might be available for what price.

Now RDM and Wyness are flying out to China this weekend to meet up with Dr X, for a press conference to introduce them to the Chinese media. Err ok, but that can't be the main reason can it? :suspect:

I think its also a chance for them to have a bit of a pow-wow and agree the second stage of our recruitment plan.  RDM is probably using this time to propose who stays, who goes and which targets we now push hard to get in.  Who knows, may be our new mysterious technical director is out there too?  

I think by the end of next week we'll begin to see some exciting links popping up!

Hope your right because we need to strengthen if we are going to have a realistic shot at promotion. 

The Chronicle are reporting that Newcastle have discussed the possibility of signing Sinclair. I think it would be a mistake to sell him to a promotion rival.

Edit: The Chronicle is a local paper in the North East of England, pretty much their version of the Birmingham Mail, might even be run by the same company.

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

What I would be a little concerned about (and I am aware of the need for patience having preached it myself) is that if anyone had suggested to me at the end of last season we would have new ownership and management, but still be fielding the same players, I would have been horrified.

I know there is time, I know Rome wasn't built in a day. I know targets will be assessing other options, and our rejects will in themselves be considered carefully by other Clubs, maybe even right up until the window shuts. 

And I know the dangers of creating a bomb squad, hence the (unfortunate) need to keep those guys included (at least I hope that's the reason).

I know we've bought 2 (definitely) good players and a GK who is well thought of, but I would feel about 5000000% better had we shipped out 2 or 3 of the wasters and had an extra 2 or 3 in. Apart from anything else it would show me/us/ and importantly the players, that RDM means business and understands what happened last year.

Just lingering at the back of my mind is the horrible thought that, just as England Manager after Manager tried the Gerrard/ Lampard thing in the face of evidence, that RDM might just possibly be telling himself he can get something hitherto undiscovered from, in particular, the six or seven players from last year that need to go.

One or two friends have also noticeably begun to mellow in their views of these guys, as Time does funny things to memories and emotions.  I do hope my fears are unfounded.

Good post, where I am now - 3 weeks away from the start of the season with pretty much the same squad apart from a few fringe players leaving and three decent in.  Still reasonably positive, but need to get our business done pretty quickly now.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

The Chronicle are reporting that Newcastle have discussed the possibility of signing Sinclair. I think it would be a mistake to sell him to a promotion rival.

Usually would agree with this kind of thinking, but in the case of Sinclair and a few others it might be a stroke of genius.

Obviously depending on the fee and his replacement.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Good post, where I am now - 3 weeks away from the start of the season with pretty much the same squad apart from a few fringe players leaving and three decent in.  Still reasonably positive, but need to get our business done pretty quickly now.

We seem to have hit this obstacle that always happens during these windows, where we can't move until players go the other way, then all of a sudden everything happens almost at once.

I can't help thinking at the back of my mind that Awye is on his way but for me, forwards can slot in at any time-Their remit is the same whoever they play for-Put the ball in the back of the net. I would like to see the midfield and defence taking shape still, sooner rather than later.

I also think that at least a couple are going to come in after the season kicks off.

So I think I read that Richards, Lescott and Bacuna were not involved today and that this means they are offski. Get them out and sign two strikers and a 'creative' player and we'll be golden.

• Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

So I think I read that Richards, Lescott and Bacuna were not involved today and that this means they are offski. Get them out and sign two strikers and a 'creative' player and we'll be golden.

If this is true... :clap::clap::clap::cheers:

53 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Would be a big mistake if we sold him to a rival. He has goals at this level. 

i would rather keep him than gabby

Having watched him today against Telford I'd say sell at the earliest opportunity to anybody stupid enough to give us money for him. He was absolutely atrocious!

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sadly I think Richards is just injured, Lescott did play in the second game and didn't Bacuna have a game with whatever banana republic he chose to represent a few days ago so probably just rested :( 

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Lescott did play didn't he? And Richards got injured against GAK?