Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

19 hours ago, av1 said:

I maybe phrased that wrong, a plan is a plan even if its a poor one. Looking from the outside things just appear to have a more professional feel than i previous years. The proof will be in the pudding of course, but I'm a lot more positive about the club than i was a few months ago. 

Somebody jokingly posted that because the 'Tish' signing was announced on sunday on the OS that tony had got the PR boys working sunday. Maybe a small thing - But under Lerner we would have waited until Monday - then spelt his name wrong.

From what hear Keith Wyness has had a positive impact as well (mind you following Tom Fox that was easy pickings) 

A few tweaks and couple more signings/loans and we are in decent shape for the start of the season I think.  We know that we lack goals so hopefully this will be rectified over the next two weeks:

Gollini

New RB   Elphick   Lescott   Amavi

Westwood

Gana                Tshibola

Grealish 

New CF        New CF

The above could easily switch to a 433, which could then accommodate Ayew, Adama and/or Gil if they are still here. Hopefully a new creative player and two new forwards would be good though. 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Gollini

New RB   Elphick   Lescott   Amavi

Westwood

Gana                Tshibola

Grealish 

New CF        New CF

Great post aside from the part in bold :lol:.

So, we all know who we would like to be shipped out, but I reckon the ones that go as part of RDM's squad trim will be:

Bacuna

Lescott

Sanchez

Cissokho

Guzan

(Richardson and Zog having already gone)

Can see both Gabby and Richards staying with question marks over Gil, Kozak and one from Bunn or Steer.

Should the players wish to stay, I'm pretty sure RDM will want to keep Ayew, Adama, Veretout and Amavi.  Club would probably listen should the right offers come in for Westwood, Sinclair and Clark.

• Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

Hypothetical question: would people rather a trim Gabby or a determined Balotelli nurtured by Di Matteo in our squad ? 

What's that got to do with anything? :lol: Are you inferring that we could sign Balotelli?

I've been told that the top of RDM priority list is someone who is good at taking set pieces. 

Might explain his comments yesterday that he wanted something different to what our current forwards provide.  We have a big guy in Gestede and a number 10 in Ayew so what else is there?  Maybe a Justin rodes type player who gets 30+ a season.

Just now, JPAngel said:

What's that got to do with anything? :lol: Are you inferring that we could sign Balotelli?

No just bored and saw he is available, and it got me thinking about what if Di Matteo was to take him under his wing and nurtured him like Mancini did then he could turn his career around. 

14 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Great post aside from the part in bold :lol:.

I know, I know.  Wasn't happy naming Lescott either to be honest mate, but it was a toss up between him, Clark or Baker.  Would prefer a new left sided centre half, but don't think we will until a couple are shipped out first.  Agree with one or two also regarding a midfielder who can score goals, which is why i mentioned a new creative midfielder.  Perhaps Tshibola will chip in with 5+ goals? 

Just now, ferguson1 said:

I know, I know.  Wasn't happy naming Lescott either to be honest mate, but it was a toss up between him, Clark or Baker.  Would prefer a new left sided centre half, but don't think we will until a couple are shipped out first.  Agree with one or two also regarding a midfielder who can score goals, which is why i mentioned a new creative midfielder.  Perhaps Tshibola will chip in with 5+ goals? 

What about Okore? Pretty sure he'll be a starter.

I think a new attacking mid could be a good shout. Would make sense as Xia has said as much, too.

16 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

What about Okore? Pretty sure he'll be a starter.

I think a new attacking mid could be a good shout. Would make sense as Xia has said as much, too.

Just don't see RDM playing two right sided centre backs and I don't like it either, as prefer the balance of a right and left footer.  Elphick will be a starter for sure and most probably captain.  Tell you what though and he isn't the most creative but Leon Britton could be a good player in the middle for us. Doesn't start regularly at Swansea now and ran the show against us for 45 minutes at their place.  Otherwise Barry in the holding role would be fantastic, just not sure if gettable though?  Loftus-Cheek on loan for six months would be who I'd like.  Ravel Morrison could be that creative player RDM is after?

Edited by ferguson1

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

No just bored and saw he is available, and it got me thinking about what if Di Matteo was to take him under his wing and nurtured him like Mancini did then he could turn his career around. 

Impossible. Balotelli is impossible.

16 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Just don't see RDM playing two right sided centre backs and I don't like it either, as prefer the balance of a right and left footer.  Elphick will be a starter for sure and most probably captain.  Tell you what though and he isn't the most creative but Leon Britton could be a good player in the middle for us. Doesn't start regularly at Swansea now and ran the show against us for 45 minutes at their place.  Otherwise Barry in the holding role would be fantastic, just not sure if gettable though?  Loftus-Cheek on loan for six months would be who I'd like.  Ravel Morrison could be that creative player RDM is after?

Most centre back pairings consist of two right-footed players, surely?  Does RDM genuinely not play this?  Limits our options a wee bit...

• Like 1