Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Maybe a lot of our targets are holding out wanting a move to the Premier League or something else. So a lot of players are waiting with a decision. Probably going to happen a lot more the closer to the window. Not optimal for us but the season is just not in August.

For all we know, we could in advanced discussions with a number of players. Not everything gets leaked. Of course we might be waiting for other teams to make their moved first. Hopefully some more signings aren't far away. I'll keep refreshing news now every five minutes regardless. Let's hope we hear more next week. 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

For all we know, we could in advanced discussions with a number of players. Not everything gets leaked. Of course we might be waiting for other teams to make their moved first. Hopefully some more signings aren't far away. I'll keep refreshing news now every five minutes regardless. Let's hope we hear more next week. 

At present you'll be refreshing for a long time! There's nothing close, Bamford is high on the list but there needs to be ours before ins.

9 hours ago, villa_southerner said:

At present you'll be refreshing for a long time! There's nothing close, Bamford is high on the list but there needs to be ours before ins.

Rumours about Jonathan Kodjia have any substance?

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

villa_southerner has a pretty good track record so far tbf.

I agree. But that article was definitely corrected. And Pat Murphy has a good track record also. Not saying v_s is wrong, but he is perhaps just having a bad day....

12 hours ago, villa_southerner said:

Well hopefully Sanchez and Sinclair can go this week. It's gonna be tough with Bamford if indeed we are in for him, as he'll probably want to wait and see what his options are. In an ideal world we should tell players who aren't dead set on coming to Villa to do  one. But that's not how it works and we're not the most attractive  choice at the moment.

Edited by It's Your Round

My theory for what it's worth...

We've signed a few fairly cheap targets early on, because they were available or we needed to act fast.  From there RDM has given the squad a chance to impress him (or change his mind, as he's no doubt studied footage of us last season).  Whilst that's been going on we've been testing the water with bigger targets... a few enquiries etc, finding out who might be available for what price.

Now RDM and Wyness are flying out to China this weekend to meet up with Dr X, for a press conference to introduce them to the Chinese media. Err ok, but that can't be the main reason can it? :suspect:

I think its also a chance for them to have a bit of a pow-wow and agree the second stage of our recruitment plan.  RDM is probably using this time to propose who stays, who goes and which targets we now push hard to get in.  Who knows, may be our new mysterious technical director is out there too?  

I think by the end of next week we'll begin to see some exciting links popping up!

• Like 2