Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Think you'll find Terry is left footed in the main.  Like I said earlier, be interesting to see how RDM sets us up. 

Right footed when he missed that penalty in the CL final. Be understandable if he'd switched feet since then though :)

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Hypothetical question: would people rather a trim Gabby or a determined Balotelli nurtured by Di Matteo in our squad ? 

i) A fit a determined Gabby is still a sh#t player, just one that runs about a lot, like a chicken that has just lost its head. 

i) A fit and determined Balotelli is far to good for a championship teams speculation thread :)

Just now, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Doesnt matter which foot they prefer, at this point Oscar Pistorius would be an upgrade on most of our defence

We are after a forward that fires bullets, not a defender.

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Right footers can play left side but left footers can't play right, is how it's generally accepted. 

I think it's just because there's more right footers in general so when growing up you'd get used to playing left side as a right footer but very rarely it goes the other way. It's a strange one but it's just how it is. We need a proper pairing at CB and I don't care what their dominant foot is. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I think it's just because there's more right footers in general so when growing up you'd get used to playing left side as a right footer but very rarely it goes the other way. It's a strange one but it's just how it is. We need a proper pairing at CB and I don't care what their dominant foot is. 

That was my take too. Because left footed players are much rarer they're more likely to have a place in their natural position, whereas plenty of right footers are asked to play left due to the lack of left footers. 

we need 1 quality striker as is, 2 if ayew leaves. and another attacking mid.i woud take any of mccormack or bamford.id even take morrison. ive said it before but il say it again we should be after walters, hes a leader and a workhorse and thats what this side needs.offer him big enough wages for the next  2 years hes not going to start at stoke all the time

that would leave us with gestede kozak mccormack/ bamford up top.should be enough goals there but we also would have grealish traore walters gil morrison and gabby (and or ayew) as attacking/wide players.cant see us having 2 many problems going forward then with gana veretout gardner tshibola behind then. amavi also offers something going forward.

so 2 or 3 more upfront depending on outgoings and can see mabye 1 or 2 squad players for right back/cb.

can see westwood sinclair sanchez and mabye richards leaving. mabye 1 or 2 more like clarke and guzan. so including people like richardson and nzogbia and those whos contracts expired we should have a slightly smaller squad

Edited by Richie k

34 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

Help me fill the gaps, delusional thread XI:-

-----------gap-------

----gap---gap---gap---gap--

Bacuna---Barry-----Milner---gap

---Benteke----Baloteli----

There you go

• Like 1