Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The pun really is the lowest from of wit.

Christ.

At least it isn't entirely witless... No need to crucify anone, surely?

• Like 1

Oh, and Christ himself called himself and his disciples 'fishers of men'. No need to be cross about it. Don't go on pouting.

Edited by TB

9 hours ago, backofthenet said:

Aaron mooy has Gotta be worth a punt for me, but wouldn't break the bank an he is a solid centre mid, hits a mean free kick too, I watch a lot of A league soccer an id say he is pretty much the best player in the league

Im an Aussie (in case that wasn't obvious) and an Adelaide United fan (current champions) and Aaron Mooy is a very good player and i think he would be good enough for the championship..... hard working and creative, so he brings two qualities that villa don't have right now!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Im an Aussie (in case that wasn't obvious) and and Adelaide United fan (current champions) and Aaron Mooy is a very good player and i think he would be good enough for the championship..... hard working and creative, so he brings two qualities that villa don't have right now!

Hi Villan of Oz, interesting to here an Aussie view and thank you for your insight of Mooy.  I would be interested to know how you would compare him to Luongo?  Seems to be doing ok for QPR and were linked with him a year ago.  

Mooy certainly is the best player in the A-league. All of Melbourne City's attacking play goes through him. A bit the an Australian Gylfi Sigurðsson. 

Not sure if he can do it at Championship level though. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Hi Villan of Oz, interesting to here an Aussie view and thank you for your insight of Mooy.  I would be interested to know how you would compare him to Luongo?  Seems to be doing ok for QPR and were linked with him a year ago.  

I have been watching him for quite a few years in the a league how. He really has come on leaps and bounds and I'm surprised he hasn't had a European move yet. I would be shocked if he was still in the a league. His touch is awesome.. he has great feet and a superb free kick/set pieces. Even though hes a creative player and gets a lot of assists.. he still tracks back and works hard. Something I wish Grealish had in him. Whether he can cut it in the premier league.. I have my reservations.. but I have no doubt he would give it his all and make a go of it if he had a chance. Certainly good enough for the Championship.

Unfortunately for the A League a lot of our players.. even the best ones go cheaply.. great for Villa though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Unfortunately i havnt seen much of Luongo as he hasnt played in Australia for a while but what i have seen i like very much. He stepped into our national team and wasn't intimidated in the slightest, i think both Luongo or Mooy would be good in our new midfield, but hey i am Aussie and pretty biased when it comes to our players. I think we are underestimated on the whole but we are born competitors. 

• Like 1

Not sure if has been mentioned or not but Birmingham Mail linking us to Boaz Myhill. The usual "RDM signed him before therefore link made" but what are peoples thoughts? 

Recalling he has looked decent in the past but just realised he is 33 years old now. I know he is a goalkeeper so not so bad but I wouldn't think it would fit for the future. I however reckon he could do a job certainly in Championship and would help in the immediate set. Could be tempted for first team football now Foster back from injury and returning back to his youth team.