Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Aston Villa eye move for Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle
Villa are keeping tabs on Dwight Gayle with the striker set to exit Crystal Palace this summer.

Newcastle United are also thought to be interested in the 25-year-old, whose opportunities at Selhurst Park have begun to look increasingly limited.

Gayle has started just eight Premier League games under Alan Pardew and with the Palace boss hunting attacking reinforcements, could soon find himself surplus to requirements.

Villa have scouted Gayle in the past and a player who has netted 27 goals despite making just 34 total starts during three years in south London will almost certainly be considered by new boss Roberto Di Matteo.

Express and Star

What would he set us back, I get a feeling we'd be taken to the cleaners. There is a bit of quality there though, I just wonder is he one of those players who comes on when defences are tired and bangs one in.

Clarke will have spent all his time at Reading looking at players on opposing teams thinking blumin hell what he would give to buy that player. Now he can play fantasy football with Xias money. 

Just need to sign Frazier Campbell then...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3511551/Micah-Richards-Gabby-Agbonlahor-Dwight-Gayle-Fraizer-Campbell-relegation-battle-one-Premier-League-stars-enjoy-night-Dubai.html

Micah Richards, Gabby Agbonlahor, Dwight Gayle and Fraizer Campbell put relegation battle to one side as Premier League stars enjoy night out in Dubai during rare break

• Aston Villa duo Micah Richards and Gabby Agbonlahor enjoyed a night out in Dubai as they took advantage of the international break
  • Richards and Agbonlahor were joined by two Crystal Palace players
  • Dwight Gayle and Fraizer Campbell also attended the event in Dubai
  • Janet Jackson's aftershow party was held at nightclub People by Crystal 

• Like 1

Players going on a night out doesn't bother me in the slightest. They're only human. What bothers me is how they perform on the pitch. So if Gayle signs for us and gives 100% every game he can do what he likes during international breaks. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, useless said:

My motto in a transfer window is 'seize the day, we are tomorrow'.

Usually mine is 'Spend on many players today, Realise you ****** up tomorrow'.

Edited by meme
hi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mwj said:

God I hate the Daily Mail.  Footballers having a drink in nightclub - shocker.  

10 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

God I hate the Daily Mail.  Footballers having a drink in nightclub - shocker.  

Yeh a mid-season weekend bender on another continent is totally just "having a drink in a nightclub".

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Players going on a night out doesn't bother me in the slightest. They're only human. What bothers me is how they perform on the pitch. So if Gayle signs for us and gives 100% every game he can do what he likes during international breaks. 

But that's the problem he doesn't give 100% the majority of Palace think he's lazy

4 minutes ago, mwj said:

Yeh a mid-season weekend bender on another continent is totally just "having a drink in a nightclub".

Oooooppps, didn't see the date - thought it was recent.

Still don't like the Daily Mail though......

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm more concerned with with the fact that he's mates with Gabby and Micah.

NIck Harris reporting were signing an Premier League defender for more than 3 million. Doesnt mention who but RDM using his pull already. 

Keeper winger and striker still wanted too

6 minutes ago, KSV said:

rumours all over twitter about Elphick from Bournemouth will be our first signing. Will be our captain too. 

I just had to do a google search if I'm honest. Obviously he had a long injury layoff but the line 'Inspirational Captain' popped up more than once, so why would Bournemouth be looking to sell him for as little as £3m?

I think we can certainly agree though that we need a Captain.