Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

We all bream of a squid capable of competing with the best in the league,  whichever league we happen to be in at the time.  I just think we will need to trawl a bigger area for players and when we are in for some that other teams are then be the shark and hook the player first,  maybe using a different form of bait. Some players may already be angling for a move to us and we need to be careful with those types,  to ensure we dont get fried.  We need to make sure we have sufficient quality to be able to batter the opposition and develop for the next league up when we restore to our rightful plaice. The net needs to be cast further afield I'd say.  And avoid the minnows.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, useless said:

The last time Dorrans scored 10 goals was in 2010. If we going to add to central midfield I'd rather it be someone in the vane of Barry/Parker, maybe a younger version if possible.

Aaron mooy has Gotta be worth a punt for me, but wouldn't break the bank an he is a solid centre mid, hits a mean free kick too, I watch a lot of A league soccer an id say he is pretty much the best player in the league

Edited by backofthenet
  • Like 1

Not quite sure how credible the Twitter feed of TFS Aston Villa is but they tweeted that Tommy Elphick and Eunan O'Kane will become villa players in the coming days. I'd be very happy with both of those if true.

20 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Not quite sure how credible the Twitter feed of TFS Aston Villa is but they tweeted that Tommy Elphick and Eunan O'Kane will become villa players in the coming days. I'd be very happy with both of those if true.

You're not sure how credible it is? :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Remind me?

Is it something about how any mention of fish on this site ruins a thread for at least 24 hours?

Stevo's First Law: As the length of a VillaTalk thread increases, the probability of it descending into fish puns approaches 1.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

charlton-athletic-mark-fish-150-merlin-s

RDM could tempt him out of retirement?  Only 42 and probably better than Micah and Jolean :D

I'd be OK with that, as long as he's not our sole signing,

• Like 1