Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

This lad is a tougher and potentially more skillful version of Jack Grealish which is great for Villa, but potentially not great for Grealish. 

I would love to see Bruce line up on Saturday how he'd have lined up had Grealish not gotten injured, but play O'Hare instead. Bruce was building the side around Grealish in that Number 10 role so surely 4-4-1-1 is our preferred formation..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hippo said:

Don't think he is quite ready to be pitched in at Cardiffs first home game of the season - although I am very excited by this player for the future.

hmmmmm......not sure where i stand on this.

• part of me says good enough old enough....we can't wrap 'em in cotton wool.
  • Part of me says like you ...Cardiff?..... Warnock would break a Tonka Toy.

maybe win the battle take the sting out of them then bring him on.....and go for the jugular.

Edited by TRO

9 hours ago, jim said:

My only worry is when it gets rough,  will he be tough enough?

In Germany and against Colchester I thought he looked strong on the ball. 

In today's press conference Bruce said that in all the physical analysis he was top. Covered more distance than anyone, did more high intensity runs than anyone. 

I think he's ready to start being used. 

I think the talk of him being better or more potential than grealish is very premature. I think he'll play a part this year but I'd be surprised if he keeps Jack out the team when he's back and fully fit

I'm not totally convinced. He is just quite ready - not far away mind, I've always shared the view if your good enough then your old enough and therefore we should be working him towards a starting birth asap 

My av stream (or internet connection) was poor but I saw enough to think he should have started.  He set up Gabby for our best chance (that I saw), that Gabby managed to put over the top (ok, it was deflected.) 

• Like 1

He looks like a very good player, he's full of energy and always wants the ball. Those two attributes are what this side needs if we're going to turn things around.

With our current availability, I'd start him.

I know there is always a danger of putting a young player in too early,  if it doesn't work out you risk them becoming jaded so it's the way he's spoken to/coached that's important.

If he's being prepared for games with the attitude that there's no added pressure on him but we want to see his best, to give it his all, reassure him that it's part of his learning curve, that we're not expecting him to be the finished article but every minute he plays is part of his improvement and he has to make the best of it, take his chance to show what he can do.

I think that's a perfectly acceptable attitude to send him in to games with and we could see some good performances from him.

With these type of things, and the current lacklustre mentality we have, I would always rather start him and take him off rather than bringing him on when it's possibly too late. I know there can be an impact playing against tired legs but the more you start when everyone else is fresh, the quicker you get used to the pace and know the standard your game has to be at.

• Like 1

when the seniors are not doing it.....I would put the kids in all day long.

The fans, will always respond to kids trying and that in itself helps to carry them.

Callum O'Hare looks anything but a risk to me.

I remember the "Doc" saying it when asked what will he do.....when the Chelsea first team went on the **** in Blackpool......."I'll play the kids"

you need big conkers as a manager at times like this.

• Like 3

Surprised he's starting for the reserves tonight, Thought he would of been on route to Reading. 

That'll teach him to play forward balls!

Edited by Kingman

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Surprised he's starting for the reserves tonight, Thought he would of been on route to Reading. 

That'll teach I'm to play forward balls!

Ridiculous. Where's the incentive to play well if it's not rewarded?

• Like 1

On 12/08/2017 at 21:06, TRO said:

when the seniors are not doing it.....I would put the kids in all day long.

The fans, will always respond to kids trying and that in itself helps to carry them.

Callum O'Hare looks anything but a risk to me.

I remember the "Doc" saying it when asked what will he do.....when the Chelsea first team went on the **** in Blackpool......."I'll play the kids"

you need big conkers as a manager at times like this.

Well he's certainly got a big nose :)

o hare should start tomorrow but I expect Bruce to pack the side with defensive players  and play for a 0-0 .

Edited by Eastie

Â