Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

With grealish out this is the kind of player we need , he has that hunger in him and gets involved in the game - I would definitely use him just behind the strikers - regarding warnock instructing his players to kick him , then so be it - don't cower to warnocks tactics - play the lad and if we get free kicks around the box we now have the players to deliver .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Callum is a real jack in a box player. His energy, and desire to get into the box to support, link and have a crack is a breath of fresh air.  

In certain ways reminds me of Dean Saunders in terms of energy......not as good yet obviously, but his energy is similar

Edited by TRO

Looked very bright last night and that performance may well see him jump to first choice to come off the bench when we need to replace a starting striker or add another goal threat in the coming league games. 

Another feature he has is.......His decision making is snappy and he gets the ball out of his feet quickly.....he see's a move before some of his contempories

• Like 2

Good feet, can pick a pass and more importantly, last night he showed an aptitude for doing the one thing we've been crying out for for a long time now - finding space centrally between the lines of defence and midfield, i.e. a true number 10.

Given he's super young and that was his debut I'm getting really quite excited about this lad.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd start him ahead of Lansbury on Saturday.

He is very raw but he showed more last night than Lansbury/Hourihane have in a while. 

I'd use him to replace bacuna from the hull team and play him in a role further upfield than lansbury - I'd play both .

He looked very good indeed and any positive news is welcome.

But in my humble opinion some are getting a little carried away with things.

And some - some - of those people will also get carried away negatively the first time he fails.

I trust Bruce's experience as regards how to bring him along and - despite it feeling like being given a new toy and told not to play with it - would not be at all critical if his opportunities are limited.

Enjoyed watching him though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Good feet, can pick a pass and more importantly, last night he showed an aptitude for doing the one thing we've been crying out for for a long time now - finding space centrally between the lines of defence and midfield, i.e. a true number 10.

Given he's super young and that was his debut I'm getting really quite excited about this lad.

The first game I seen Gareth Barry play.....I made some quite outlandish statements to my pals in the NAS (New Aston Social)about him......I think they thought I was OTT

I feel tempted to do the same with Callum O'Hare.....I really like/rate this boy.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

He looked very good indeed and any positive news is welcome.

But in my humble opinion some are getting a little carried away with things.

And some - some - of those people will also get carried away negatively the first time he fails.

I trust Bruce's experience as regards how to bring him along and - despite it feeling like being given a new toy and told not to play with it - would not be at all critical if his opportunities are limited.

Enjoyed watching him though.

Terry, you are right to be cautious.....but this lad was doing things on the ball he is not going to lose, just get better IMO

It is also difficult to coach vision in to a player or conversely coach it out too.

this lad has got the x factor

It should be interesting to see what his impact has done to Bruce's Cardiff team selection.  I doubt he'll start but he might get more than a token ten minutes towards the end.  Hopefully he can bring that debut level enthusiasm to every opportunity now and add a real option to the first team.  He's older than RHM and Andre Green too, so it's not like we need to treat him with kid gloves.  Let him loose and see what he can do.  He was our top assister in the U23-2 league last season, so the vision is definitely there.

• Like 2

Thanks BOF.

Let's give him a few games. Defo a bright spark in the game last night and I've not seen many kids come in and impress like that, but I won't get too carried away just yet, it was a League 2 team. Let's see some more of that though!

• Like 1

The other thing I hope the likes of O'Hare's debut does is make people pay more attention TO the U23 development league campaign that kicks off on Monday.  Get yourself a sneak preview at the next generation :)

5 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Thanks BOF.

Let's give him a few games. Defo a bright spark in the game last night and I've not seen many kids come in and impress like that, but I won't get too carried away just yet, it was a League 2 team. Let's see some more of that though!

Actually, better again, have a look for yourself (towards the end of the top post) :thumb:

Â