Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

58 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Think this is the first time I've seen him play and happy to say I'm very impressed. Keep it up son, the world is your Lobster

Fixed for ya! Mais oui mais oui! 

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thought he started brilliantly and then faded, which suggests to me he isn't ready physically yet, but what do I know. Certainly a very positive debut, well done lad. 

Yeah I agree, he did kind of fall out of the game in the second half. But I saw enough to be impressed with him. If anything for the sheer fight and will to get on the ball and show what he got. That attitude should be rewarded. He's like Hutton but with the juice to back it up.

Edited by osmark86

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Looks like Grealish. Plays like Grealish used to. 

Agreed, they're similar. Grealish could use a little competition from the other yung lings (skrt skrt). I think it'll bring out the best in him.

Some real moments of class tonight. That back heel was lovely. Seems to have a bit of fight about him too.

Potentially a very exciting prospect, hope to see him as a regular fixture in the match day squads.

• Like 2

Commented a couple of times during the game but, yeah, really impressed. So sharp, so bright. Read the game well, played all the right passes (even if they didn't all come off), ran forwards often, linked play with Hogan. Just... yes! Well done lad. 

I remember Gabby posting some Insta clip of O'Hare doing... maybe an initiation song(?) and a comment of "the future :thumb:". He may well be spot on. Looks a talent. 

• Like 1

Thought he was excellent tonight. Tonight's conditions were awful for the way he likes to play and still he shone. 

Doesn't have the same prowess as Grealish but looks to play that ball half a second quicker.

He should be very proud of his debut.

This lad was superbly confident with his passing, showing for the ball, dropping deep to get the ball and run at players, trying little flicks etc. I'd have no problem with Bruce playing him behind the striker for the rest of the season. Well played Callum!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Looks like Grealish. Plays like Grealish used to. 

looks more involved than Grealish for me .....shows more urgency......not afraid to mix it and get his shorts dirty.

Most Impressed with him......

That little bit of improvisation tonight.....says so much about the player for me.

not felt like this since watching Gareth Barry for the first time.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Wow this kid is special. He's what I want Grealish to be like. His passing is unreal. Good vision and movement. Can't wait to see him start league games. He's ready to be involved in the 18. His attitude is how every player should be playing this game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KSV said:

Wow this kid is special. He's what I want Grealish to be like. His passing is unreal. Good vision and movement. Can't wait to see him start league games. He's ready to be involved in the 18. His attitude is how every player should be playing this game.

I was really pleased that Steve give so many a run out.....He is special Imo.

The biggest problem with kids his age is coping with the physical demands of the game....but I think this kid thrives on it.

Along with Jed Steer highlight of the night for me.

19 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thought he started brilliantly and then faded, which suggests to me he isn't ready physically yet, but what do I know. Certainly a very positive debut, well done lad. 

I think he only faded due to Bruce's substitutions meaning he was switched to the wing. He's clearly best as a no.10 and showed that when played there. He has a great eye for a pass, links up very well with others when going forwards and gets back and gets stuck in. Just what we want and just what we need. Hope Bruce gets him more involved. Fearless youth players like Callum could really show some of our seniors a thing or two. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

Theres not much to be positive about these days, but this boy looks good!

Had an absolutely amazing game tonight and was a joy to watch. That little back heel throughball for Hogan was just sublime. Keeps possession well, sells dummies, good vision, neat passing and works hard. Could have a big future. Really exciting.  

• Like 2

Looks a good little player. Good movement off the ball, receives the ball on the half turn which gives him more time to shift the defender, likes little tricks, can pick a forward pass. Wouldn't start him yet but an excellent sub to try and change a game last 30 minutes.

One thing I would say though is that the way he plays will alter with games and age. It's not a Villa or Bruce thing, but overall football. When young, players can get away with flicks not coming off, but after more games other players, managers and fans expect more, so the style changes slightly so that they keep hold of the ball more. We've seen it with Grealish, Barkley has done it, Wiltshire has, even Joe Cole in his prime (not at us obviously). Unfortunately that's what happens when playing in the 10 position regularly.

Edited by mikeyp102

Â