The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

People have explained time and again that they see more in Garde than Sherwood, because there have been improvements, however small, in our play. It's more than personalities - nobody is that stupid, everyone would be delighted if we had the best manager on the planet even if they happened to be a complete tosser.

Now you can reject that, as no doubt you will because he isn't Ron **** Saunders, but have some more respect for your fellow fan to spout this bollocks that Garde is only liked because he seems nice or isn't Tim bastard Sherwood.

Garde won't be here much longer whether he's sacked or walks so it won't matter shortly, but for pities same can we cut the bollocks?

you started it.

don't get so prickly when someone disagree's with you.

and cut out the language,its disrespectful.

Edited by TRO

12 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Sadly this shows how far we have fallen that fans will accept a bully and a racist as our manager

I can't find any evidence of him being a racist? 

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

Money....a short lived job to a bumper pay day.

A short lived job that takes years to recover from as your reputation will take a beating.

Has to be a bumper pay day, no? What worthwhile manager would risk it for peanuts?

The odd decent performance in 20 odd games is not a sign of improvements. Certainly not sustained. 

I have nothing against garde, I don't blame him one bit but it's been a truly awful appointment and anybody arguing otherwise is massively mistaken.

Ppl can highlight January all they like but who in their right mind backs a manager financially with 0 wins to their name. 

I think he came with a promise that he'd have money to spend. However, I would imagine garde promised them a few wins beforehand.

Absolutely awful.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

If we sign either Bruce or Pearson I will be disgusted and find it impossible to support a team led by either of them. Villa have made so many **** ups in the last six years, that the last thing we need is ****** Bruce or Pearson who will immediately divide the fans! We need a fresh start, not old spudface or a psycho!

There is no point in backing Garde anymore. He has been a dead man walking for weeks.

But FFS, Villa don't screw it up again by hiring another manager that will be hated as much as McLeish or another whose reputation imho is far from positive. I just hope that all the paper talk is just lazy journalism. 

Relax Mike, it won't happen.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Well his son was clearly racist, amongst worse things, and his father failed to disagree with that. So racist by association I would say. But then so was big ron, and he did well for us.

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

A short lived job that takes years to recover from as your reputation will take a beating.

Has to be a bumper pay day, no? What worthwhile manager would risk it for peanuts?

He will not be blamed for this mess of ours so its win -win

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

The odd decent performance in 20 odd games is not a sign of improvements. Certainly not sustained. 

I have nothing against garde, I don't blame him one bit but it's been a truly awful appointment and anybody arguing otherwise is massively mistaken.

Ppl can highlight January all they like but who in their right mind backs a manager financially with 0 wins to their name. 

I think he came with a promise that he'd have money to spend. However, I would imagine garde promised them a few wins beforehand.

Absolutely awful.

I think that is quite feasible.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well his son was clearly racist, amongst worse things, and his father failed to disagree with that. So racist by association I would say. But then so was big ron, and he did well for us.

There is a round of  "selective" character quoting IMO

1 minute ago, Xela said:

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I accept that there isn't directly any evidence but I was told that when he was challenged about his son's racist behaviour in Thailand he could not see the problem. Whether that is true or not, shortly after he was fired. Ultimately is it was 'the straw that broke the camels back' 

I'd take Pearson or Bruce. Bruce knows the championship and Pearson only lost 59 games out of 182 with Leicester. Love to know how many villa have lost in the last 182 games! 

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

There is a round of  "selective" character quoting IMO

Perhaps, but if my son went out and paid for sex, then racially abused that prostitute, I would be inclined to disown him. No class. Perfect fit for small heath methinks but not us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

pearson-ostrich.jpg

'So, we hear you're going to be in place for the Chelsea game, how do you feel about that?'

Brave Ostrich :D

14 minutes ago, Chindie said:

People have explained time and again that they see more in Garde than Sherwood, because there have been improvements, however small, in our play. It's more than personalities - nobody is that stupid, everyone would be delighted if we had the best manager on the planet even if they happened to be a complete tosser.

I have to disagree, what we are seeing now is no better than what Lambert served up at the end of his reign and Sherwood did at the start of the season. I honestly think we would be no worse off points wise if Sherwood was still here. 

Sherwood needed to go but we made the wrong appointment in Garde. 

• Like 2

Our new manager bounce was a nil nil draw with man city. I was against the hiring of Garde at the time I thought a manager with experience of relegation battles was crucial.

But the first game I was encouraged by the organisation and the one touch passing.

However we soon reverted back to same old same old.

Villa fans have gone easy on Garde for too long in my opinion due to the perception that foreign is better than british but if the guy was that honourable and dignified he would have resigned ages ago and left us with a fighting chance.

At least O'Neill left in a hurry he didn't sit on his hands and wait till we were well over the cliff. Garde has potentially caused more destruction to the club as we are almost certain to miss out on next seasons mega TV deal.

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Our new manager bounce was a nil nil draw with man city. I was against the hiring of Garde at the time I thought a manager with experience of relegation battles was crucial.

But the first game I was encouraged by the organisation and the one touch passing.

However we soon reverted back to same old same old.

Villa fans have gone easy on Garde for too long in my opinion due to the perception that foreign is better than british but if the guy was that honourable and dignified he would have resigned ages ago and left us with a fighting chance.

At least O'Neill left in a hurry he didn't sit on his hands and wait till we were well over the cliff. Garde has potentially caused more destruction to the club as we are almost certain to miss out on next seasons mega TV deal.

Absolute rubbish. Garde is going and it is pointless discussing his merits or otherwise but the 'destruction' and damage was caused long before he ever arrived

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Perhaps, but if my son went out and paid for sex, then racially abused that prostitute, I would be inclined to disown him. No class. Perfect fit for small heath methinks but not us.

You'd potentially disown your son for making a drunk racist comment? I call bullshit! no Dad is going to disown their son over that, sorry, that's just an overreaction 

What the players did was totally wrong and they got what they deserved but no Dad is going to publicly hang their son out to dry are they? Maybe in private he gave him a grilling, but he wasn't going to do it in public.  

• Like 2

Â