The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I think we've been burned so many times before that we're a bit apprehensive.

This appointment is just so un-Villa like (a good thing these days), a bit like our summer transfers that were, despite all our failings on the pitch, promising and I think we'll see that in the next few months.

So gutted it's City on Sat.

If Tim had messed off a week earlier it could have been Swansea and a great chance of a win.

Huge belief in Remi, and us going forwards.

Been drawn in again, what a sap.

• Like 1

Good interview. Total contrast to the "**** me, a gilet joke!" we had last time (which I must admit I liked).

Not too fussed that it's Man City for his first game, expectations will/should be lower. As long as there's something approaching a decent game plan and (maybe asking for the moon on a stick here) we actually use the majority of our best players at the same time, I'll be content. 

But three points really would be nice.

Bringing it back to basics, it's nice to be looking forward to the weekend's football again.

You're almost certainly jumping the gun by at least one weekend.

Hehe. I'm actually not. Even this will be interesting to see, with zero pressure on him.

Think the City match on the weekend comes at a good time. It's effectively a free hit. We can try some new ideas without any pressure of winning.  Worst possible start would be something like West Brom or Watford at home, where we would have to try and break down a team who are keen on playing for a draw.

Strangely optimistic.

Edited by KJT123

Trying to fashion Blondie's "Denis" into a chant. 

Rémi Rémi, we are the claret and blue

Rémi Rémi, please don't play 4-4-2

Rémi Rémi, don't make the Holte End boo...

:blush:

• Like 2

He does come across very well. Just hope he can get a lot more out of these players than the last manager did. it would be nicer if he had an easier start. Yes theres zero expectation on the first match but we don't want to loose 3 or 4 nil. 

Just daydreaming here, but imagine if we've just found our own Wenger, and he's here for 20 years, bringing us back from oblivion and eventually winning the **** league again, with a couple of Cups thrown in for good measure....European nights....

No pressure from the fans, Remi!

Top half of the ttable for next 20 years with a team that looks like it could compete in back to back seasons would do for me

• Like 1

All I want from Sunday is some evidence that the players are responding and, for the first time this season, the manager has some sort of system in mind.

I'd like to see the players looking like they know what their job is and that they are playing in positions that suit them.

I don't really care what the score is. If we get anything it's a bonus.

• Like 2

Â