New manager

KJT123

Remi has 3yrs Management experience and 7yrs as an assistant, Sherwood has none of these.

I said earlier in the thread that I knew very little of Garde on account of not following French Football, but surely just the fact that he has management experience, which (purely from what I've read) was seen as a success, makes him less of a risk than Sherwood.

Tim has shown nothing in his short managerial career to suggest he will ever become a good Manager, Garde has.

And how good he was for England.

Hoddle might have odd religious beliefs, i believe that Buddhists have the same views, but he does know his football, and i'm not sure the last 2 we have had had any.

you serious about hoddle?

his last job as a manager was 10 years a go, and by most accounts his coaching at wolves mainly revolved around them watching him demonstrate how much better than them he still was...

he's another of the old boys club that we should be doing everything we can to avoid, im sure he's got an agent or probably even a publicist who peddles his name out every time theres a job on offer

People complain at the 'personal abuse' that Sherwood receives on here. But I think the constant mocking of the way Lambert talks is just as bad if not worse.

You're right, of course. And that's why I don't do that, either -- or try not -- and why I'm glad you're here, useless. That said, it's the web, innit?

• Like 2

Garde is my absolute first choice, if it goes ahead, I think he's going to revolutionize the whole football club, from top to bottom.

Simply having a manager who thinks carefully and doesn't wilt under the spotlight would be desperately revolutionary at this point.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

The Everton fans got fed up with Moyes in the end in a similar way some of us got fed up with O'Neil. Very old school.

Sorry to pick on you, but posts like this annoy me.

Everton fans got fed up of Moyes because they hit his ceiling as a manager. If you spend season after season unable to push on it gets frustrating.

What annoys me is that ceiling is so far above where we are now.

Our next manager doesn't have to be our manager for 20 years. He doesn't have to be the manager who leads us to the title.

What he needs to be is a manager who can avoid relegation this season, and establish us in the league next season. If, beyond that, he can carry on progressing us then that's fine. But we don't have to look SO long term here.

I don't disagree with a word you've said. Moyes would be my first choice.

People complain at the 'personal abuse' that Sherwood receives on here. But I think the constant mocking of the way Lambert talks is just as bad if not worse.

Honestly, if both are at home crying about hurt feelings I couldn't find a **** to give in a month of Sundays.

I was more pointing out that some of the very people who put themselves on a moral pedestal when defending Sherwood against personal abuse, seem to think it's alright to mock the way Lambert talks. And it's not just about how Lambert or Sherwood might feel whilst sitting at home, for example what if there's somebody reading this and they have a speech impediment of some description.

What on earth are you talking about?

You're right, of course. And that's why I don't do that, either -- or try not -- and why I'm glad you're here, useless. That said, it's the web, innit?

I wasn't trying to take the moral high ground, or anything, I've probably said some pretty horrible stuff myself, without thinking. And in the heat of the moment might do so again, and of course I know that people don't mean any offence when they stuff. On topic. I'm sure Garde will come in and do such a good job that it'll change the mood of the whole forum.

• Like 1

Honestly, if both are at home crying about hurt feelings I couldn't find a **** to give in a month of Sundays.

I was more pointing out that some of the very people who put themselves on a moral pedestal when defending Sherwood against personal abuse, seem to think it's alright to mock the way Lambert talks. And it's not just about how Lambert or Sherwood might feel whilst sitting at home, for example what if there's somebody reading this and they have a speech impediment of some description.

What on earth are you talking about?

Which part don't you understand?

Are you comparing a Scottish accent to a speech impediment?

...and was working under serious financial restrictions leading to him having a really weak squad and having to play the likes of Weimann on the wing, don't forget that part of the story oh and then dont forget the bit about him losing his 2 top striker signings to injury for long lay offs.

He wasn't the worst tactically and will show himself to be a good manager imo, his time here was a disaster from that very first transfer window where we signed mostly gambles and created the bomb squad and he takes plenty of blame for it also but I don't see how anyone could deny that he had the hardest job out of all recent Villa managers and deserves to be cut a bit of slack with all things considered.

Thing is though that you criticised Sherwood last season for tactical errors when he had the same squad as Lambert. Regardless, you can't whitewash everything by invoking the 'restraints' anyway. A good manager still showcases his ability within the context of the circumstances. In my opinion, Lambert lacked in most departments. Time will tell however and we'll see where his career heads in the future. 

Yeah that's because Sherwood made stupid mistakes last season also and once the new manager buzz faded he was found out pretty quick. I wonder how he would of got on if Benteke didn't regain full match fitness and find some form. Lambert kept us up which was an achievement in itself in his first 2 seasons imo but I'd agree that he was probably taking us down last season but the question is whether thats because he's a bad manager or if it's because it became too much for him? I guess we'll find out in the future like you say.