New manager

KJT123

Just watching the ligue 1 highlights and the commentator on the Lyon match said Lyon had 6 homegrown players in the starting XI and 4 on the bench, I'm sure Garde had a big roll in bringing them through which is good for us and our young players. Sergi Darder opened the scoring and should of had a hat trick.

I still know nothing about remi, other than he speaks French.  Being able to speak the native language of most our new players should help...I hope he can speak English too then its jobs a gooden.

I really look at all the managers who're available, that I actually know something about and say "no thanks" to all of them.  They're all flops / cast offs from clubs I'd like us to compete against.

He lived here for 3 years when playing for Arsenal of course he can speak English.

I lived in Germany for 3yrs. I can order up to 10 pints, and tell a taxi driver to return me to the barracks, beyond that, ich dont sprechen Deutsch. ;)

Edited by av1

I still know nothing about remi, other than he speaks French.  Being able to speak the native language of most our new players should help...I hope he can speak English too then its jobs a gooden.

I really look at all the managers who're available, that I actually know something about and say "no thanks" to all of them.  They're all flops / cast offs from clubs I'd like us to compete against.

He lived here for 3 years when playing for Arsenal of course he can speak English.

I lived in Gernany for 3yrs. I can order up to 10 pints, and tell a taxi driver to return me to the barracks, beyond that, ich dont sprechen Deutsch. ;)

I lived in Gernany for 3yrs. I can order up to 10 pints, and tell a taxi driver to return me to the barracks, beyond that, ich dont sprechen Deutsch. ;)

Perhaps if you'd lived in Germany it would have been better ;)

Remi garde would be as big of a risk as sherwood imo.

Absolutely nothing to suggest he would succeed either, nor not succeed tbf.

If it was to be gus poyet, I think that'd probably be the end of this circus for me.

Think we're more than likely in for another tedious few weeks in which we become a complete laughing stock before employing somebody nobody wants.

In fact, give it gus now. Save us all the torture.

If it was to be gus poyet, I think that'd probably be the end of this circus for me.

Think we're more than likely in for another tedious few weeks in which we become a complete laughing stock before employing somebody nobody wants.

One is a football manager the other is a youth development coach. So no.

...and was working under serious financial restrictions leading to him having a really weak squad and having to play the likes of Weimann on the wing, don't forget that part of the story oh and then dont forget the bit about him losing his 2 top striker signings to injury for long lay offs.

He wasn't the worst tactically and will show himself to be a good manager imo, his time here was a disaster from that very first transfer window where we signed mostly gambles and created the bomb squad and he takes plenty of blame for it also but I don't see how anyone could deny that he had the hardest job out of all recent Villa managers and deserves to be cut a bit of slack with all things considered.

Thing is though that you criticised Sherwood last season for tactical errors when he had the same squad as Lambert. Regardless, you can't whitewash everything by invoking the 'restraints' anyway. A good manager still showcases his ability within the context of the circumstances. In my opinion, Lambert lacked in most departments. Time will tell however and we'll see where his career heads in the future. 

People complain at the 'personal abuse' that Sherwood receives on here. But I think the constant mocking of the way Lambert talks is just as bad if not worse.

Honestly, if both are at home crying about hurt feelings I couldn't find a **** to give in a month of Sundays.

• Like 2

Zero idea how you come to this conclusion.

Its not the worst shout, neither start off proven in our league.  There's not a great deal to say either will be a success.

Remi seems to have the better report from previous clubs of the two.  But without hindsight Sherwood was by large in the same frame as Remi.

Don't do it to yourself. Poyet ain't getting the Villa job after the blunderland fiasco!

Also as a Villa fan you will never get off the claret and blue carousel.

Just watching the ligue 1 highlights and the commentator on the Lyon match said Lyon had 6 homegrown players in the starting XI and 4 on the bench, I'm sure Garde had a big roll in bringing them through which is good for us and our young players. Sergi Darder opened the scoring and should of had a hat trick.

IMG_1633.JPG

• Like 2

Zero idea how you come to this conclusion.

But without hindsight Sherwood was by large in the same frame as Remi.

Eh?

How? PL experience really isn't anything important. Remi has far more experience not only as a manager, but also as a coach and then years as an assistant. Sherwood was far riskier. Far, far riskier.

• Like 2

People complain at the 'personal abuse' that Sherwood receives on here. But I think the constant mocking of the way Lambert talks is just as bad if not worse.

Honestly, if both are at home crying about hurt feelings I couldn't find a **** to give in a month of Sundays.

I was more pointing out that some of the very people who put themselves on a moral pedestal when defending Sherwood against personal abuse, seem to think it's alright to mock the way Lambert talks. And it's not just about how Lambert or Sherwood might feel whilst sitting at home, for example what if there's somebody reading this and they have a speech impediment of some description.