New manager

KJT123

Sherwood to Garde would be a pretty **** big jump in quality!

How come? Sell him to me - what's his positives? Why would he be a better idea than a less 'risky' appointment?

He is actually a manager and not a youth development coach?

What's his qualities that appeal to you?

For me Remi Garde is the obvious choice, he knows the Premier League having played in it, he's French, knows Ligue 1 inside out and will know how to get the best out of French youngsters, as well as get the old guard working again. I can see Senderos coming out from the cold and getting a starting position, whether that means Richards moves to rightback, time will tell. Garde fits in with what the club are trying to do. I would have preferred and experienced head in, someone whose been about the block, and I'd also like Villa to be top force in the League and Europe again, but we don't all get what we wish for do we!

• Like 4

For me Remi Garde is the obvious choice, he knows the Premier League having played in it, he's French, knows Ligue 1 inside out and will know how to get the best out of French youngsters, as well as get the old guard working again. I can see Senderos coming out from the cold and getting a starting position, whether that means Richards moves to rightback, time will tell. Garde fits in with what the club are trying to do. I would have preferred and experienced head in, someone whose been about the block, and I'd also like Villa to be top force in the League and Europe again, but we don't all get what we wish for do we!

I'd forgotten about Senderos!

When Remi Garde took charge of Lyon this season, he was given a one-year contract, told he had no money to spend and inherited a squad low on morale following a tough season under the rigid leadership of former coach Claude Puel.

Several months later, Garde has restored team spirit, has the team playing attractive, attacking football, and successfully blended in youth players while instilling a resilient streak that was lacking under Puel.

--Feb 9, 2012 CBSSports.com

When discussing Remi Garde's tactics, it's important to first note that he is not married to any one particular formation.  He has preferences, but is not afraid to change it up based on his personnel or the matchup.  For nearly a decade prior to his taking over at Lyon, the club had primarily relied upon a 4-3-3 formation that was made popular by Paul le Guen.  Upon taking over, Garde shifted the formation slightly from the 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 diamond.  He has also shown a preference for the 4-1-4-1 formation, but generally speaking whatever tactic he has used was built around the strong play of Maxime Gonalons at the holding midfield position.

This could work.

• Like 2

Well appointing someone who's managed in France makes sense seeing as half our squad is from that league. Plus he speaks English from his time at Arsenal.

That said didn't he finish 6th one season with Lyon....

No he finished 3rd twice and then 5th. Heard great things about him and he would be abit of a coup if we get him given our current situation.

Garde said he left Lyon because of personal/family reasons, but they did lose in the their main cup final and a few other high profile failures, but I guess he got them into finals and European stages that matter enough to be considered high-profile.

Rogers would be just as much of a gamble, the groundwork at Swansea was already laid before he arrived. He failed monumentally at Liverpool.

Moyes could potentially stabilise the club, but he's had a lot of career ups and downs, he could easily relegate us without breaking sweat.

I'd forgotten about Senderos!

He cant play until January

Garde said he left Lyon because of personal/family reasons, but they did lose in the their main cup final and a few other high profile failures, but I guess he got them into finals and European stages that matter enough to be considered high-profile.

Rogers would be just as much of a gamble, the groundwork at Swansea was already laid before he arrived. He failed monumentally at Liverpool.

Moyes could potentially stabilise the club, but he's had a lot of career ups and downs, he could easily relegate us without breaking sweat.

I am sure Moyes is number one choice but I think he must not be interested if this is true about Garde. It is a  very interesting appointment one I had not considered. But it makes sense why fox would go for him