New manager

KJT123

A few rumours on Twitter about Remi Garde being lined-up to replace Sherwood.

This French chappy is wishing him luck in the job, but probably a load of old nonsence.

1. Bonne chance à Rémi Garde à Aston Villa En espérant qu'il fera du bon boulot avec Génésio.

10 retweets4 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More
    1.  Yannis Retweeted

Info @canalplus : #RemiGarde en pôle pour remplacer Tim Sherwood à #AstonVilla

Translated from French by BingWrong translation?

Info @canalplus: #RemiGarde Pole to replace Tim Sherwood #AstonVilla

Remi Garde. How uninspiring. A few seasons at Lyon is not enough for this job.

It's not exactly a bad job to have had, and it's better than a few months at Spurs.

He was assistant under Houllier too at Lyon and they were very successful. I think they got their record points tally. I think Wenger rates Garde too 

When I think of last time someone was rated and recommended to us I think of Ferguson and this

mcleis.jpg

He will know the players thats a bonus BUT he has little to no experience in this league which is very concerning. Has he even ever been in a relegation fight?

Erm, he played for Lyon, Strasbourg  and Arsenal then was assistant manager and manager at Lyon so I doubt it. My knowledge of Strasbourg in the mid 90's isn't up to much if I'm honest

• Like 1

Would love Remi Garde.

Noticed he's 1/4 on SkyBet because a few hours ago I don't even think he was on there and I was considering putting a fiver on him becoming manager.

Put £20 at 20/1 right before the odds were slashed, fingers crossed!

His record at lyon

P      W   D     L    WIN RATIO

Lyon21 June 201130 June 201411760263151.28

Win ratio second to none

Yes that is a very impressive record cant deny that, would be absolutely thrilled with a record like that at Villa

My main concern is if he goes down I dont think he will stick around to get us back up. 

• Like 1

Well appointing someone who's managed in France makes sense seeing as half our squad is from that league. Plus he speaks English from his time at Arsenal.

That said didn't he finish 6th one season with Lyon....

While bringing through young players and building the foundations. It worked out for Lyon in the end.

Lambert had Premier League experience, as did McLeish, they were no good though. Apart from Moyes I really don't see another manager with PLE that is worth getting.

Bring in Garde, well happy with that if true! 

• Like 1

Really, really apprehensive about Garde. 

He'll fit into the structure, has the Arsenal connections and knows the French players.

But it's not the time for risks and would have hoped we'd be aiming for a manager who make people at least step back and think 'well they are trying to stop up'.

Ah well. I suppose it can't get any worse than what they are now. Not sure he's the man to keep us up, but that is more down to my ignorance of who he is really.