New manager

KJT123

Honestly, are we that deluded we would turn our noses up at a manager with Garde's reputation because of some antiquated view we have of what constitutes experience?

Well, we are a club in a semi-traumatized state. People are scared shitless. All kinds of crazy talk around. But I hope we wouldn't be so deluded.

• Like 1

Just been on SSN Villa are in talks with Garde but he will be one of many the club will be speaking to... 

You would assume that in the last few weeks the club have been preparing for the fact they may have to find a new manager, and that there is a very clear shortlist of candidates already. You would also speculate that at least informal discussions have been held through middle men / back channels to assess if people might be interested. To think otherwise is probably naive in football, business etc.

To that end, anyone who we speak to is most probably interested in the job, and would more than likely accept it if offered to them.

I would be very surprised if we officially speak to more than a couple of people - as I don't think the club wants another OGS fiasco. Its possible the club will only speak to Garde because they already know he is the one and he is prepared to takeover this week.

I don't really know much about him, but he comes with a good reputation and we've tried the young British manager route and it hasn't worked for us, so why not.  

• Like 4

Honestly, are we that deluded we would turn our noses up at a manager with Garde's reputation because of some antiquated view we have of what constitutes experience?

Well, we are a club in a semi-traumatized state. People are scared shitless. All kinds of crazy talk around. But I hope we wouldn't be so deluded.

Understandable to a degree yes. Fair comment.

I don't know much about him, but if this happens I will actually be happy. Enough with the British managers, premier league experience overrated, look at the teams that have gotten relegated the last couple of seasons, just about only British managers. Look at the top of the table, nearly only foreign managers. I do know to little about Garde to be able to say if he is any good, but he does excite me.

Whoever comes in has a mammoth task to turn around the fortunes of this team. Sherwood has left us in a right mess without a doubt. We may have to accept that we could be bouncing around the relegation zone for the whole season and just hope we can finish higher than 18th.

I think fans will accept that as long as they see a cohesive plan with a style of play emerging.

As stated on MOTD 2 extra, who is going to want the job? Poor inexperienced squad, tough run of matches to come and no possible signings until January. They will be on a hiding to nothing. 

On the other hand, if it doesn't work out a new manager can walk away pretty much blameless saying that the harm was done before they got there. Look at Shearer at Newcastle.

A huge gamble given the situation we find ourselves in. We needed an experienced relegation battle expert ideally Big Sam but we missed the boat.

There is every danger that an unknown quantity like this will be overwhelmed with the scenario. However if he is happy to manage us in the championship and get us back up if this season doesn't go to plan then I'm all for it. 

All I want is a manager to come in and play the following team for more than 2 games.

Hutton  - Richards - Clark - Amavi

Gana - Veretout

Adama       Gil            Grealish

Ayew

Would be so good to watch. 

Agreed, that's the team I would love to see as well.

• Like 2

It's going to be Nigel Pearson, you can discuss any fancy foreign manager, Moyes and Rodgers all you like but it's going to be Nigel bloody Pearson. I can sense it

Oh, no. I really hope not!

He did a good a job at Leicester...........

Have a strong dislike to him but he did do well at leicester. i think I would rather have Rowett than him if cant get Rodgers or Moyes, as I have faith Rowett could get us back up at first attempt. But will he swap blose for us??

As much as Pearson makes my blood boil I think his no nonsense approach might be exactly what is required. I'm really not convinced Bielsa, Favre and Prandelli etc are what is needed for a relegated team who will be trying to get promoted 1st time round. The Championship is **** brutal

Still a long way to go. Let's hope our board are not as negative as you, we don't want a man to manage in the Championship to be part of the criteria..