New manager

KJT123

Dare I say it, but we need someone like last season's Sherwood in the short term. Someone who can come in, motivate and get things going.

This time, they need to be able then move that on to be able to create a team and vitally, work with the people already at the club.

Whilst I seem to have the immediate reaction of 'Eurgh!' when I think about Pearson, he may be the man that can do the above.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 1

Rémi Garde is in advanced talks with Aston Villa and big favourite to replace Sherwood, announce Garde's current employer Canal Plus #AVFC

Remi Garde has been offered the vacant Aston Villa head coach position #avfc

I have no idea who either person is. Interesting though.

Yay more Lique 1

What on earth has Bob Bradley done to make people think he's a good candidate to take over a Premier League club in relegation trouble?

Its only our American fans think like that and the few from Norway.  

So, everyone who knows both him and Villa then?

• Like 3

Dwight Yorke has put his name forward apparently.

:crylaugh:I think Dwight has bumped his head

Hopefully we could have a whipround to gather enough to pay for someone to bump it more seriously if he was hired.

Dwight Yorke, Villa manager, christ.

Pearsons start to the season was just as bad as Sherwoods, 2 wins in the first 18 games or something stupid like that. Yes it turned around but I'm far from convinced it was mostly due to his managerial ability, he'd be a terrible appointment.

Remi Garde, who the friggin hell is that? I am guessing if true the idiots at Villa think having a French speaking manager will help all the signings. Another ridiculous gamble if true

I'm glad it isn't just me that's literally never heard of him.

Bob Bradley seems like an intelligent coach but imo it's a stretch to say it would be good move. Not the same circumstances either. But he has done well recently.

I would like Moyes but I don't think there's any chance for that.

• Like 1

Big gamble if Garde is to be manager.

Wouldn't be anywhere near my choice - he's been out of the game for quite some time and not managed in the Premier League. Understand the attraction though as he'll know the French lads and there is the Arsenal connection.

Annoying it's five minutes after I tried to put a bet on Garde but couldn't find anywhere to do it!