New manager

KJT123

lets get Mick McCarthy in, just so we can use that gif a lot

i'd love to see an old head with young upcoming manager as their assistant

It's obvious who the assistant should be.

Mick2.gif

2conc5c.jpg

Edited by Davkaus

Whoever it is will need to be experienced at getting sides out of the Championship. The current task of getting us out of this mess would be a miracle. We need top 8 form from here on in to get over 40 points and I just don't see it happening whoever is appointed. Therefore, I feel we will be relegated and whilst one season in the Championship would be fun, I don't want to stay there any longer than one season otherwise we'll be left behind and could become another Leeds. Hope this has some bearing on who is appointed.

My first choice would be Eddie Howe. Don't fancy Rodgers, as has been said before the jobs he's done well at have been working like clockwork before he arrived. 

I'm not sure where this jump to the bottom of the barrel has come from. I think this club and this squad and this job can attract a decent manager and I think we have people in place that can get one. I'm hopeful of Moyes, I suspect it'll be Rogers. 

I agree.

What on earth has Bob Bradley done to make people think he's a good candidate to take over a Premier League club in relegation trouble?

Its only our American fans think like that and the few from Norway.  Rodgers wont take the job either unless he gets full control, which he wont.

Do we go for a manager or a head coach? I was at a Wolves business networking event last week and when they went to League 1 they had a massive clear out of personnel and a change in management structure. 

Jackett became a head coach so he could focus on team selection, motivation etc. Then a few other guys, one was Kevin Thelwell (head of football development and recruitment), focus on specific areas. His reasoning was that each person can focus on their specific area and achieve more because the manager doing everything just can't be done. Thelwell can spend much more time scouting, watching videos, analysing the youth side etc.

Jackett knew what he was coming into and wanted to work in this environment and I think they've done well. They pissed League 1 at the first attempt and just missed the Championship play offs last season. Also they have a huge focus on youth development and giving them opportunities. Thelwell said they sold Stearman this summer specifically to allow two younger defenders (Hause and Iofra) a chance to play more. This is also helping them sign the besat young talent at Championship level when they dip into the transfer market (like Afobe) because they are able to say to those players "hey look we play the younger players here and our average team age is 23. Come sign for us and you'll have opportunities".

I have to say it is quite a refreshing approach. The more people in the management structure surely helps so long as they all agree at the start and can work together. 

So if we were going down this route I'd love a couple of ex-players to get involved in the club. Someone like Laursen who has the culture of success (from Milan and also our best times in recent years at AVFC) embedded into him. These are the types of guys which can get that extra 1% or 2% our of players. So personally I'd vote for going down this route if it was possible. 

• Like 1

Despite the poor results, we've looked promising in patches under Sherwood. He was the right man at the end of last season, but the wrong man at the start of this one.

An experienced manager will look a our squad and see a team more than capable of staying in the league and pushing on next season.

I too think we can attract a big name.

I'm not sure where this jump to the bottom of the barrel has come from. I think this club and this squad and this job can attract a decent manager and I think we have people in place that can get one. I'm hopeful of Moyes, I suspect it'll be Rogers. 

Because:

a] no team has ever survived relegation having posted 4 points or less after 10 games in the Premier League,

b] no good manager wants a Premier League relegation on their CV,

c] the last three Aston Villa managers have been sacked and left the club with their reputations in tatters,

Therefore:

d] only the mad and desperate will want the job. 

the football of McLeish and Lambert in particular have given the football of O'Leary a new appreciation.

Still had our best season in last 15 years or so in 2003/04 while playing good football

• Like 2

What on earth has Bob Bradley done to make people think he's a good candidate to take over a Premier League club in relegation trouble?

Let's see ... winning records, adept at troubled situations, probably more intelligent than any manager in the Premier League except -- perhaps -- Mourinho. 

Admittedly, he tends to be a bit plainly conservative tactically and heavy on fitness. He won't fire up the squad.