New manager

KJT123

Rowett would make sense

Its likely were going down anyway and he knows the championship well he's actually a decent manager as well and he has worked with practically no resources at Blues which would be music to Lerner's ears

It would mean Blues would not be promoted as well then again he will carry that smell across the city to us he would need a thorough scrubbing before he's given the job

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

You never know Candleface might be a contender, but the guy is so unlikeable surely they wont go for him?. He has got massive experience of getting teams out of trouble though

Only surpassed by his experience of getting teams into trouble. 

As much as I dislike Harry Redknapp as a personality, you can't argue with his record. He has a history of putting together entertaining and effective teams. He's a realistic appointment, and would probably do a decent job.

Redknapp?

Linked Image

• Like 3

As much as I dislike Harry Redknapp as a personality, you can't argue with his record. He has a history of putting together entertaining and effective teams.

I think you'll find you can argue with his record. His history is of bankrupting clubs and buying as many players as possible in the hope some of them work out. Over rated manager and would relegate us easily. 

• Like 3

Given lerners track record of hiring managers it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he gave wolf from gladiators the job.

Getting to shout AWOOGAH on the Holte End makes this sound appealing.

It's got to be Moyes though realistically. 

As much as I dislike Harry Redknapp as a personality, you can't argue with his record. He has a history of putting together entertaining and effective teams. He's a realistic appointment, and would probably do a decent job.

Too far north, and after the shit he always gets at VP, including having stuff thrown at him (a coin that hit the linesman a few years ago?), I can't see him taking the job.

We are in a relegation battle already (can't believe I'm typing that in October ffs) so I feel whoever we bring in needs to know English football and know the PL. 

I would like Moyes, got a point to prove and will tighten us up at the back.

As much as I dislike Harry Redknapp as a personality, you can't argue with his record. He has a history of putting together entertaining and effective teams.

I think you'll find you can argue with his record. His history is of bankrupting clubs and buying as many players as possible in the hope some of them work out. Over rated manager and would relegate us easily. 

He didn't bankrupt Spurs? He worked under Levy who hardly allows managers and free reign, and turned into a very good team. He even managed to do it when their best players were getting sold.

A few years ago I never would have considered this, but I reckon he could do a job for us. I don't the board would go for him anyway. Moyes has to be first choice.

Rowett or Moyes are the most appealing options of those mentioned above, albeit I don't think there's any actual chance of Moyes coming though. Tell me, sir, who do you expect to be the next Villa manager?

pearson-ostrich.jpg

a] he's one of a small number of people desperate enough to take the job,

b] he saved a team who seemed relegated last year, and that's likely to appeal to the board, and

c] he's got a team promoted from the Championship as runaway winners in recent memory. 

I'm not saying it should be Pearson, but that's my suspicion. 

Premier league experience is a must for me.  We can't afford to go with anyone young or untested in this league - it's too big a job.  I don't mean that in a Man Utd 'big' way, but in that there is so much extra to deal with at Villa over and above other clubs.  The malaise we're in is going to need someone who can draw upon experience to deal with it.