Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Can see your point Richard about bedding players in for the next season(s) in the Championship. We could make something positive out of the f**k up that has been this season, but no chance - that's no the 'Villa way' under Lerner and his cohorts.

Although I disagree about Debuchy - his inclusion would be another Manager's voice in the dressing room and more importantly another player preventing Richards gracing Villa Park again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

We're not signing Doumbia :rolleyes:...

Might as well close the thread. 

But someone said he would be signing and the contracts are with the FA and we've applied for a permit to get his 23 breeds of dog into the country and even painted a flat in the Mailbox to welcome him...... ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Can see your point Richard about bedding players in for the next season(s) in the Championship. We could make something positive out of the f**k up that has been this season, but no chance - that's no the 'Villa way' under Lerner and his cohorts.

Although I disagree about Debuchy - his inclusion would be another Manager's voice in the dressing room and more importantly another player preventing Richards gracing Villa Park again.

For four months? What's the point it makes no difference this season. We should be making signings for next season and beyond. Signings for this season are utterly pointless. I agree that our board don't work that way, that's the big problem.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I agree, signing players now and having them a part of this season will destroy them.

Get them in during the summer and get a buzz about the place.

I also agree. Players coming in at this stage are going to make no difference to the final outcome (relegation) Why introduce them into this losing mentality.

Save the money until the summer & hope for a mass clear out. Too many of these under performers have been around the place too long. It shows how far we have gone backwards, even in the last 2 years, when people are talking about "feeing up Bacuna to play in midfield" He wouldn't get into another PL midfield and should not be considered for ours.

I like Garde and I do appreciate that we are still trying to play football. I'm not overly impressed with our attacking policy though (very poor players at his disposal admittedly) If pushed, whether to stick or twist, I would probably go for twist, given that the championship is such a tough league and so hard to get out of. I would probably hope for an experienced manager such as Dyche and leave the war chest intact for him in the summer.

26 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I agree, signing players now and having them a part of this season will destroy them.

Get them in during the summer and get a buzz about the place.

I don't think it will 'destroy' them, they are professionals, they will simply get on with it next season, footballers really aren't that delicate for the most part.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

Contracts for Seydou Doumbia were submitted to the FA yesterday morning. Assuming no work permit issues this will be confirmed shortly. Managed to get it at 3/1 shortly after I had confirmation, bet victor took down the market today though :( Should be a decent signing for us, I always remember him being great on Fifa and his record at CSKA was very decent. 

236560.jpg

• Like 2

Either the press has no idea who we may be looking at, our targets prefer the teams above or we really aren't bothering.... 

As for the debate about us spending £50 mill in the summer, still think we were stung in some prices and fees. Plus it's a spend that should have been done years ago. We are in this position now due to the lack of action for many years and changing manager / coaching staff isn't cheap but if they all have different approaches its confusing for the players. 

Doumbia is off to Newcastle pending the medical. I wonder who this striker is that Garde is hopeful/expecting in before deadline ? Only Remy I imagine but Leicester are favourites for him.

Edited by deamie

I dont understand this at all.Admittedly I usually dont take all that much notice of who other clubs ( in the relegation zone ) have signed but surley in the past the bottom club has done better than we are doing at the moment ? even "Central Coast Mariners" here in the A-League have signed Louis Garcia....and we cant sign anybody ?

• Like 1