Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I wanted to reply and say "no, no, Remi has said a striker is possible!". But then I looked at what he actually said and yes, he did say he wanted one player in before the deadline. No mention of a striker.

Actually he said he wanted five players but that he isn't the one in charge of finances. Yesterday he said he hopes we will get one player in before the deadline, which I'm assuming will be Debuchy. 

In RE: to a new striker, that is the reasoning as to why he brought Gabby back into the frame apparently - because "we need a new striker." Sounds familiar doesn't it? Remember when Lambert was told to bring Hutton et al back into the squad after being told to get rid of them in the first place? 

The club have really shown what they're about this window: no fight, not even an attempt at staying up. If Garde walks I wouldn't blame him.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

So you have ignored every point I have put forward & pointed the blame at the board. 

50 million should have been.more than enough to keep us in this league...and we all thought it was at the time. That money given to the right man (remi maybe) should have seen us mid table.

Doesn't matter where the money came from, we still spent it. It seems just because our net spend was low then that devalues any signings we made.

I agree, randy has made some poor appointments,  & i don't like the sound of this hollis geezer so far, but through it all money has been made available to managers, poorly appointed ones yes, & a lot of money has been spent on a lot of poor players

Not at all. You're defending the level of spending we've had under the owner. And that thinking Garde won't be fully backed is a conspiracy theory. It seems you've ignored the evidence and facts the club has presented to you over the last few years. You've ignored the turnover of players and the amount of players we signed for this 50 million pounds. You've ignored the wage constraints Lambert worked with. You've ignored past windows such as the one where we signed Dawkins and Holt. You believe that because we were excited in the summer that that's proof it was enough money. We were excited because it was the first time in years we'd actually spent money. In hindsight, with the players we lost it was no where near enough to rebuild a squad that had barely survived for years with those quality players. 

A lot of money has been wasted. All clubs do it. But to defend the level of spending this owner has put in recently is madness, and like I said I didn't think there were any fans like you left. And then to top it all off, after defending the owner, you have the nerve to claim those that think differently are believing in some sort of conspiracy theory. 

Amazing. 

• Like 2

Great another poster posting false information. I knew it anyway person only had two posts.

Twitter post confirming our worst nightmares!

Take a look at @SkySports_Keith's Tweet:

The Alamo is on BBC 2 reminds me a lot about AVFC'S position at the minute. Only difference is the Texans actually gave a shit and fought against all odds!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think the only good that would come out of that (as the league might aswell relegate us at a minute after he resigns) is the press would reallly go to town on how badly we're run rather than the occasional reports we get know.

You'd suspect something would have to give regarding the ownership as Randy Lerner wouldn't be fit for purpose anymore to oversee a professional team if a manager walks out due to lack of support.

Edit: Again if Remi walks...the crowd at home games would really turn on the directors box. You really think Fox and Hollis will want to sit through the remaining 7 home games and get abused every time. Either they'll tell Randy to get his arse down here to experience it himself or tell him to get a move on to sell the club and lower his asking price considerably. 

I severely doubt they'll be telling randy to do anything like that. If randy sells us they'll likely be gone when a new owner comes in. If it keeps them in the job and regularly paid they'll take relegation and any fan negativity on the chin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dorset77Villa said:

Would it be worth trying to take Gouffran & Rivière from Newcastle on loan?

Both are not wanted, maybe they would have a point to prove

I was thinking Gouffran a few days ago! Could be a cheap option and a good player!! Riviere is rubbish though!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not at all. You're defending the level of spending we've had under the owner. And that thinking Garde won't be fully backed is a conspiracy theory. It seems you've ignored the evidence and facts the club has presented to you over the last few years. You've ignored the turnover of players and the amount of players we signed for this 50 million pounds. You've ignored the wage constraints Lambert worked with. You've ignored past windows such as the one where we signed Dawkins and Holt. You believe that because we were excited in the summer that that's proof it was enough money. We were excited because it was the first time in years we'd actually spent money. In hindsight, with the players we lost it was no where near enough to rebuild a squad that had barely survived for years with those quality players. 

A lot of money has been wasted. All clubs do it. But to defend the level of spending this owner has put in recently is madness, and like I said I didn't think there were any fans like you left. And then to top it all off, after defending the owner, you have the nerve to claim those that think differently are believing in some sort of conspiracy theory. 

Amazing. 

No, I said fans claiming they know what the clubs agenda is, and the the reasons for hollis' appointment is, and that we're bidding for players who cant get a work permit just to show we're trying etc were conspiracy theorists...it's just pure guesswork based on very little fact!

I agree, under lerner there have been times where we have spent too much money, not enough money, & put restrictions on managers. I get all that.

My point is that it is not the level of investment that has been the main problem, It has been the appointments lerner has made and subsequently entrusted with transfer money.

I think with the investment lerner has put in since he arrived we should be a lot better off, financially and on the pitch. Its more to do with the fact that he doesn't know game rather than lack of investment.

IMO of course, & you're welcome to yours even if it is wrong :P

• Like 1

Just now, Dorset77Villa said:

No worse than what we've got at the minute but would give us options and may help us to win a couple of games.

We're scrapping the barrel as it is so in my opinion it's worth a punt on loan

It would only be adding more dross. They are both shite. Riviere has been since his move and Gouffran is just a poor player, has been for a while