Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Steve Hollis is releasing a statement at 5pm tonight...

"Now that we have been knocked out of the FA Cup it is clear that we do not need to make any signings as our final chance of silverware this season has gone. However, Aston Villa Football Club is prepared to listed to offers for any player, and I mean ANY player. Come on, make me an offer. Pound sterling, pies or handjobs will be considered."

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villanun said:

At this point Garde should just employ Bob Geldof to go in front of the board and do the negotiating. "Just give us the **** money!"

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Garde quit. 

1 minute ago, nnock1984 said:

Garde strikes me as someone who will sign a first choice target or nobody at all. I don't think he will rate money for the sake of it! 

That's certainly a handy line for our Chairman. 

21 minutes ago, Richard said:

I cannot put over state how much of an absolute shambles our club is. There is no way we are coming back to this league any time soon. 

I think we can, but not with Garde

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

Why not with Garde?  He hasn't signed any player in this team and is doing a patch up job from all the shit mistakes from before, if Garde can keep us hard to beat in the league for the remainder of the season then I'll be fully supportive of him and have confidence in him being the right man for us in the Championship.

24 minutes ago, Richard said:

I cannot put over state how much of an absolute shambles our club is. There is no way we are coming back to this league any time soon. 

This is one of the reasons I'm finding it difficult to really judge how well our Manager is doing. I know its a bit of a cop out to simply claim that no one could achieve much working for this board, but as you say, we are simply a shambles. I don't envy the job at all, and he is carrying himself with dignity. 

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Khazri has signed for Sunderland, another team around us strengthening. I can't quite believe the only signing we're likely to make this window is Debuchy. 

If signing Debuchy means no Richards in the team then I'm all for it ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Khazri has signed for Sunderland, another team around us strengthening. I can't quite believe the only signing we're likely to make this window is Debuchy. 

We won't be signing him, we'll be borrowing him for six months.

I don't think he'll come to us anyway. He's had the past month to do so if he actually wanted to.

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I find it  remarkable that a team who only sit 1 place above in the league, aren't encountering the same problems we are when it comes to signing players. Neither are the team in 18th, or the one in 17th, or 16th.....

Our league position is an absolute cop out for not strengthening, unlike those teams above us we have simply given up. There are 4/5 teams in this relegation battle, and we are the only ones not spending, if its a waste of time why are the others bothering? 

24 minutes ago, KHV said:

Do you mean that Garde is not capable of bringing us back up, in which case I disagree, or do you mean he will walk, which is something I really do not want. Garde and his young foreigners are the only things making our impending relegation palatable.

We need players all over the pitch to come to this club want to be here ant to be professional players striving to be their best at whatever level they are and to want to win football matches to bring this club back to the top division. We need to start getting those players now so that the manager can have a head start on getting them settled. Unfortunately those running our club do not give a flying **** what we need as they have not one clue what being a competitive football club means. It certainly is not a cast off right back for 6 months. Shambles 

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

I find it  remarkable that a team who only sit 1 place above in the league, aren't encountering the same problems we are when it comes to signing players. Neither are the team in 18th, or the one in 17th, or 16th.....

Our league position is an absolute cop out for not strengthening, unlike those teams above us we have simply given up. There are 4/5 teams in this relegation battle, and we are the only ones not spending, if its a waste of time why are the others bothering? 

I agree it's b0ll0cks. If we papy the money they will come on loan if not permenently.

they never Hahn any intention of spending money. Absolute liars the lot of them.