Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, useless said:

Signing players now with a view to them playing in the championship next season is a very bad idea, as they'd get into the habit of losing and they'd have the mental burden of having played a part in our relegation. And if they perform adeequately between now and the end of the season we'd might lose them anyway, as I imagine they'd fancy their chances at another premier team.

I agree with this. Last thing we need are new players getting their minds infected with the losing mentality and general mental weakness that so many in the squad have.

Newcastle want another striker after Doumbia reportedly  I just have no idea what striker is left for us to get now.

I just do not understand how a team as far adrift as us can not , so far find at least one player to improve us.The recent league games were looking better and the fans were getting behind the team but the hammering yesterday , no new players ( whilst we have injuries upfront as well) and where is the drive going to come from for rest of season.

You don't want to do a Leeds or you don't want to do a portsmouth is what people say now ,  soon they will say well you don't want to do an Aston Villa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Newcastle want another striker after Doumbia reportedly  I just have no idea what striker is left for us to get now.

I just do not understand how a team as far adrift as us can not , so far find at least one player to improve us.The recent league games were looking better and the fans were getting behind the team but the hammering yesterday , no new players ( whilst we have injuries upfront as well) and where is the drive going to come from for rest of season.

You don't want to do a Leeds or you don't want to do a portsmouth is what people say now ,  soon they will say well you don't want to do an Aston Villa.

We have to face it as I said on other threads. The board have give up chap, an are using the excuse no one will come to us, as to not spend any money.

• Like 3

Yep, the excuse will be that we can't attract players because we're bottom. It doesn't wash with me because players are driven by hard cash. The truth of it is that we simply refuse to spend any money, which is the sole reason for our 6 year decline. 

Never forget what Randy Lerner has done to our great club. 

• Like 3

Yep, the excuse will be that we can't attract players because we're bottom. It doesn't wash with me because players are driven by hard cash. The truth of it is that we simply refuse to spend any money, which is the sole reason for our 6 year decline. 

Its a bullshit excuse. Didnt Leicester sign Cambiasso while they were bottom?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, deamie said:

Doumbia is off to Newcastle pending the medical. I wonder who this striker is that Garde is hopeful/expecting in before deadline ? Only Remy I imagine but Leicester are favourites for him.

Where its say that, that he ia going Newcastle? 

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Should we not sign a striker before the deadline tomorrow I will be absolutely disgusted. I've half a mind to hope Rémi walks, but it won't make any difference.

I think the only good that would come out of that (as the league might aswell relegate us at a minute after he resigns) is the press would reallly go to town on how badly we're run rather than the occasional reports we get know.

You'd suspect something would have to give regarding the ownership as Randy Lerner wouldn't be fit for purpose anymore to oversee a professional team if a manager walks out due to lack of support.

Edit: Again if Remi walks...the crowd at home games would really turn on the directors box. You really think Fox and Hollis will want to sit through the remaining 7 home games and get abused every time. Either they'll tell Randy to get his arse down here to experience it himself or tell him to get a move on to sell the club and lower his asking price considerably. 

Edited by VillaChris

17 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

Your bang on the money here chap. which is why I said if the board really wanted us to stay up, they would spend the money. Its not 100% guaranteed, but 50 million in January is a  investment your most likely to get back.

5 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

The only quotes I seen from Garde was that he was hopeful of signing 1 player before the window shuts, no mention of a striker.

I wanted to reply and say "no, no, Remi has said a striker is possible!". But then I looked at what he actually said and yes, he did say he wanted one player in before the deadline. No mention of a striker.

Edited by Shropshire Lad