Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Just now, RimmyJimmer said:

It's not an excuse...its fact. So you think we just need to sign 'someone'?

So because we are bottom of the table it's a fact we cant sign anyone? That's probably the furthest thing from a fact I've seen in a long time.

Of course we need to sign someone, which I'm not sure why is included in quotation marks. The team is crying out for added depth and new blood, especially up-front. 

1 minute ago, penguin said:

So because we are bottom of the table it's a fact we cant sign anyone? That's probably the furthest thing from a fact I've seen in a long time.

Of course we need to sign someone, which I'm not sure why is included in quotation marks. The team is crying out for added depth and new blood, especially up-front. 

Perhaps i should have said 'anyone'. 

Who do you think we should/could sign that will realistically come to us, improve us, & not choose another club in a better position given the choice?

We're in the most dire bargaining position at the moment. Come the summer, if we stay up we can attract premiere league players to play for a miracle worker who kept us in the league. If we go down we can attract the best of the championship players to play for one of the biggest teams in the land.

This January is about as difficult as it gets....being backed with millions or not

Contracts for Seydou Doumbia were submitted to the FA yesterday morning. Assuming no work permit issues this will be confirmed shortly. Managed to get it at 3/1 shortly after I had confirmation, bet victor took down the market today though :( Should be a decent signing for us, I always remember him being great on Fifa and his record at CSKA was very decent. 

Woah....is it that a loan or permanent?

His goalscoring record is amazing for Moscow...scored against both Manchester clubs in the champions league in last 18 months.

Hope it happens. At least it's someone decent.

Edited by VillaChris

7 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

Contracts for Seydou Doumbia were submitted to the FA yesterday morning. Assuming no work permit issues this will be confirmed shortly. Managed to get it at 3/1 shortly after I had confirmation, bet victor took down the market today though :( Should be a decent signing for us, I always remember him being great on Fifa and his record at CSKA was very decent. 

Don't play with my heart now...link, please?

The media reports on the deal yesterday - if this deal is actually real, wait and see on that front - were that it's a loan until the end of the season with a £6.8m option to buy if we survive. Since we're not going to be surviving, I'm not sure how it really helps, but - again, if it's real - it should at least make the rest of the season a bit more interesting to watch. 

It's a loan until the end of the season chaps. Expect movement on Monday (as it's the weekend). You can derive my source from my original post ... Ie; "contracts have been submitted to the FA. "

Ps) I would have posted yesterday but had to wait to get approved to join the forum (long time reader first time poster - villa fan based in London) 

I'm at the Boleyn on Tuesday so just disappointed there won't be any fresh blood by then! 

42 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Perhaps i should have said 'anyone'. 

Who do you think we should/could sign that will realistically come to us, improve us, & not choose another club in a better position given the choice?

We're in the most dire bargaining position at the moment. Come the summer, if we stay up we can attract premiere league players to play for a miracle worker who kept us in the league. If we go down we can attract the best of the championship players to play for one of the biggest teams in the land.

This January is about as difficult as it gets....being backed with millions or not

Not a fan of this argument at all as it's more of a quiz on a posters worldwide player knowledge and their values than an accurate representation of options, I'm not the one with a scouting network. Also is there any player who wouldn't choose a club in a better position given a choice? Why is that a requisite?  

FWIW, barring players from the the top couple of sides, I'd imagine almost every player in leagues such as the Belgian and Dutch would jump at the chance to get a foot in the English game, even if it's looking very likely it will be in the second tier next season. Of course you can never tell if an impact will be made but in our position with a squad as stale and crying out for life as ours being bottom of the table is no excuse not to be signing players such as Christian Santos to at least give the the illusion that the club gives even the tiniest shit.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, penguin said:

Not a fan of this argument at all as it's more of a quiz on a posters worldwide player knowledge and their values than an accurate representation of options, I'm not the one with a scouting network. Also is there any player who wouldn't choose a club in a better position given a choice? Why is that a requisite?  

FWIW, barring players from the the top couple of sides, I'd imagine almost every player in leagues such as the Belgian and Dutch would jump at the chance to get a foot in the English game, even if it's looking very likely it will be in the second tier next season. Of course you can never tell if an impact will be made but in our position with a squad as stale and crying out for life as ours being bottom of the table is no excuse not to be signing players such as Christian Santos to at least give the the illusion that the club gives even the tiniest shit.

Well how about trusting remi gardes scouting network?

Christian Santos?....ok do you think we should sign him?

This is a guy who sha have been linked to, he's 27 & not been snapped up by one of the bigger clubs in holland. 

I'll wager he's not better than kozak...who was at lazio and an international i believe.

These type of players sound great but are they better than we've got?

Edited by RimmyJimmer

11 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

How much money has Schteve spent at Toon? Crazy. We can't even muster a loan...

He is IMO right now a very lucky chap , his Derby team completed imploded last season as they could not defend.He goes to Newcastle they spend alot of money and they are in bottom 3 and now they spend another 30 odd mil ...

16 minutes ago, penguin said:
1 minute ago, Nabby said:

He is IMO right now a very lucky chap , his Derby team completed imploded last season as they could not defend.He goes to Newcastle they spend alot of money and they are in bottom 3 and now they spend another 30 odd mil ...

I reckon they will be no further forward thus time next year despite spending 30mill...& thats if they stay up

People keep saying we needed to spend more than £50m last summer . . . well in my opinion, Newcastle's squad was even worse. They might have spent a lot, but they had a lot of catching up to do. Think that excuse has probably run its course as of the end of this window though.