Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

18 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

I think it's crazy we didn't get him in the summer.

I guess he didn't fulfil the transfer panel's selection criteria: one of either Foreign; or called "Jordan".

I guess they have learned a lesson and know they can't funk around any more, we need that Darren Bent January moment like never before. I still fear we are not creating enough though, we may need to spend £60m on a decent midfield creative too, or some one needs to tell Traore that he's not playing in the school yard any longer.

Edited by thunderball

Wasn't there talk in the summer that QPR wanted something around 18-20m pounds for Austin?

He's only had one season in the Premier League and there have been plenty of one season wonders before. He's clearly a goalscorer and for 10-12m pounds I'd take him, absolutely no question if that's what he's available for.

• Like 1

A good young left back that has caught attention this season is Rico Henry of Walsall. He is 18 and is already one of Walsall's best players and has assisted a fair few of Tom Bradshaw's goals this season.

Bradshaw is a talent as well!! 

Wouldn't mind us looking at these two as there is some talent in those divisions..

http://backofthenetfootball.com/2015/11/08/who-is-rico-henry/

“It’s only right that people who are playing well, get in the team, whatever age you are” – Dean Smith, Walsall Manager

Factfile:

Place of birth: Birmingham, England

Club: Walsall

Position: Left Back

Background

Dubbed “the new Ashley Cole”, the 18-year old joined the Walsall youth academy aged 11. He has also be compared to that of Brandon Ormande-Ottewill, 19, currently of Swindon Town, who was released in the summer after spending 3 years with Arsenal’s Under 21 side.

A month after his 16th Birthday Henry made his first senior appearance, in July 2013 in a pre-season friendly against Leeds United and in December 2014. The Saddlers gave him his first professional contract on 30 July 2014, after impressing at youth level.

On the 9th December 2014 he made his debut in the Johnson’s Paint Throphy as Walsall beat Tranmere Rovers. He made his first league appearance on 13 December 2014 against Barnsley in a 3–1 victory.

The young hot shot, 5ft 9, has since been a first team regular, and has since won the Football League Young Player of the Month Award for September after an impressive string of performances.

Henry, who wears the number 14, has made 10 appearances under manager Dean Smith, who gave the youngster his chance. It is understood on the 2nd October 2015, he signed a new three-year contract.

Style

He has been likened to that of Ashley Cole due to his playing style. He has blistering pace, and likes to cut inside from his darting runs. The youngster is also a leader, skillful due to his dribbling and is good at delivering dangerous low crosses. He also has an eye for goal. An example of whom he may wish to follow in the footsteps is Tyrone Mings, currently of AFC Bournemouth. Although Mings played in the Championship it seems both players have a similar style, physique and also a glowing reputation. Former MK Dons left back, Brandon Galloway who is now with Everton is also an example of whom Henry should follow.

Dean Smith, added: “If I were to liken him to anyone it would be a young Ashley Cole and it’s up to him how far he can now go in the game. I’ve recommended him a couple of times to the England Under-19s because, if there’s a better left-sided player in the country at 18 years of age, I’d like to see them.” He also stated: “If he keeps developing and keeps his feet firmly on the ground – his parents will make sure of that, then he’ll go the right way.”

Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool are all said to be interested in the youngsters signature, so it wont be long before scouts turn up to watch the teen sensation.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I'd love him, I just worry about our ability to attract him.  I guess we need to get ourselves out of this mess by Jan if we truly want to strengthen.

As he moves instead to Newcastle the grand total of one place above us....

Mail and other online sources say we are watching Arnór Ingvi Traustason.

Icelandic 22 year old midfielder has  scored 7 goals and made 10 assists in helping IFK win their first title in 23 years!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-arnor-traustason-8-quick-10459224

Villa are monitoring Arnor Traustason as new boss Remi Garde looks to bolster the claret and blues squad.

But who is he?

Here's a quick lowdown on the transfer target...

1) He is a 22-year-old midfielder who has recently won the league with new Swedish champions IFK Norrköping

2) A full Iceland international who played for the U21s and previous under-age groups during his younger days

3) Traustason tends to play on the left side of midfield but he is also comfortable in the middle

4) He is creative and has a good goaslcoring record - 17 goals in 88 games in total.

5) Will be a Champions League player next season if IFK Norrköping make it through the knock-out stages

6) Started playing for home town club Keflavík in 2010 and scored ten goals in 52 appearances.

7) Was named the most promising Icelandic top-flight player in 2013.

8) Was also a popular selection in a number of ‘teams of the year’ in Sweden this term.

• Like 1

I wonder if we will go back in for Breel Embolo in January. Still only 18 but the kid has serious talent. Wouldn't come cheap mind you but could be worth the risk depending on our league position. Him and a goalie, plus recalling either Bennet or cissokho and a midfield loanee and I think our squad will have enough to take us through till the summer. 

• Like 1