Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Strikers are difficult - particularly in January.  It seems you have a choice of: 

a) experienced, but probably either past it, pricey or crocked - might do a short term job but you also might be saddled with their wages for a while,

b ) young, less experienced from abroad/lower divisions - might take time you don't have to settle / might not make the step up or

c) good, proven and therefore out of our league price-wise.

Lets hope Remi has got some ideas and has the transfer team out sniffing about.

Rumours of Chelsea having a clear out in January, Loic Remy anyone? (And no, not just because he's French. Don't be so racist)

Definitely, yes. Mourinho seems to have some weird issue with him.

Will go to a club currently better than ours though. Or chase the wage.

Rumours of Chelsea having a clear out in January, Loic Remy anyone? (And no, not just because he's French. Don't be so racist)

Definitely, yes. Mourinho seems to have some weird issue with him.

Will go to a club currently better than ours though. Or chase the wage.

I can't see Chelsea letting him go and I can't see him coming to us but even if he did I'd be concerned about his motivation in the game. 

We need Cheick Diabate. He's a monster, can finish, can take penalties like Balotelli. Would go a long way to filling the gap left by Benteke imo. I think he'd be so so good in the Premier League.

Here's an OYT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkg5lLz1zKY

Agreed, he's a beast and he's out of contract at the end of the season. I could see him doing the business for us and would be a decent cheap option in January.

Ah I didn't realise he was out of contract in the summer. We should definitely go in for him in January. 

We need Cheick Diabate. He's a monster, can finish, can take penalties like Balotelli. Would go a long way to filling the gap left by Benteke imo. I think he'd be so so good in the Premier League.

Here's an OYT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkg5lLz1zKY

Looks good but not amazing. A lot of those finishes seem to rely on him pulling a feint and then him chipping the ball over goalkeeper and/or defender after they've plunged to the ground prostating themselves. He wouldn't get that much time on the ball in this country. 

However, I've never of the bloke and am making a point based off of a 2 minute YT video so I have no real idea what I'm talking about . . .

EDIT: LOL @ 'prostating' themselves! End of a long day. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

What needs to happen:

New manager in place well in advance of January transfer window to allow time for them to assess squad themselves and identify areas they perceive to need strengthening.  Signings are brought in within first few weeks of window to allow as much time as possible to bed into team.

What will probably happen:

Incumbent manager removed at start of window, club drags heels and spends entire window recruiting a replacement who is then left with little to no time to make any major acquisitions before window closes, save for some uninspiring loan moves.

Well ya got that bit at the end a bit wrong! Can't blame ya though :)