Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

I suspect we will have to look at loan players. Money or no money no decent footballer will want to sign for us longer term given we are nailed on to get relegated.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

We need some mercenaries. A Kevin Nolan type in midfield and a Richard Dunne type in defence.

Like Senderos, Richardson, Cole and Lescott? ;) I think we have little option other than to spend £15-20m, as much as Randy will be loathe to do it.  Of course attracting players will be tough if we are too adrift.

5 hours ago, Harry said:

I suspect we will have to look at loan players. Money or no money no decent footballer will want to sign for us longer term given we are nailed on to get relegated.

In terms of positions left back would make sense for a loan as Amavi will hopefully be back for next season. Not sure we can just get loans in for all other positions. 

the one thing we can be sure on, we always have a few players that we can consider deadwood, unfortunately, this time round, that deadwood is worth alot less than any other time before

lets hope randy is prepared to spend yet again to climb out of relegation

21 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Austin could be tempted..half a season in the Premier League window again.

Trippier loan could suit both. We helped them before with Walker.

I think Austin will wait until the summer and maximise the money he will get for doing so. Trippier looks the more likely of the two but would he want to come and would Spurs really want to help us out in any case?

It would be nice to hear us being connected with players who might keep us up in the press but the silence suggests the club are prepared to go again with what we already have although we are not. 

i still cant believe we froze Senderos out to buy Lescott. Senderos was awesome last season before getting injured. I loved how passionate he and Ron Vlaar were after winning those 3-4 games at the start. Then he got injured. We need that now.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, John said:

I think Austin will wait until the summer and maximise the money he will get for doing so. Trippier looks the more likely of the two but would he want to come and would Spurs really want to help us out in any case?

It would be nice to hear us being connected with players who might keep us up in the press but the silence suggests the club are prepared to go again with what we already have although we are not. 

I think a January move for Austin depends on if he wants to go to the Euros with England or not. If he stays in the Championship until July he will make more money on his next move but he will not get selected and will miss the tournament.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

I reckon Garde will do some business with his friends at Arsenal. Possibly bring in one of their fringe players like Campbell, Arteta or Flamini 

I guarantee the rags will link us with every player currently not making Arsenal's first 11.

They are already dusting of the dartboard. 

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

I'd like us to try for Matty Phillips from QPR. He is a provider of crosses and would be a good attacking threat down the right. 

We need a winger who can cross I wouldn't mind Phillips if the price was decent but doubt it with QPR. It was madness to get a player like Gestede without getting a supply line.