Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

We need Cheick Diabate. He's a monster, can finish, can take penalties like Balotelli. Would go a long way to filling the gap left by Benteke imo. I think he'd be so so good in the Premier League.

Here's an OYT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkg5lLz1zKY

Looks good but not amazing. A lot of those finishes seem to rely on him pulling a feint and then him chipping the ball over goalkeeper and/or defender after they've plunged to the ground prostating themselves. He wouldn't get that much time on the ball in this country. 

However, I've never of the bloke and am making a point based off of a 2 minute YT video so I have no real idea what I'm talking about . . .

EDIT: LOL @ 'prostating' themselves! End of a long day. 

37_1doctor_w_glove.jpg

• Like 2

If we manage to climb out of the drop zone by January, then strangely, we might even look like a better proposition to new players than we were in the Summer. In the summer, everything about us was potential. Our chances without Benteke, our signings from France and our management team, all potential and not a great deal more. But if Garde gets us playing and picking up results, we suddenly look stronger, more prepared and will have a manager with a better pedigree than the last, and a start to what we all hope will be a lasting Premier League reign.

Daily Star are linking us with Tom Lees (Sheff Wed) A Birmingham born centre back who joined them a few years ago from Leeds.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/475039/Aston-Villa-Newcastle-Norwich-Sunderland-January-transfer

Newcastle and Norwich have identified Lees as their No.1 transfer target in January while Aston Villa and Sunderland are also monitoring his situation.

The 24-year-old is rated at £7m - a whopping 2,000 per cent increase on the fee Wednesday paid Leeds for his services in 2014.

He has impressed at the heart of the Owls' defence and boss Carlos Carvalhal is keen to keep him with a play-off push in mind.

Lees penned a new four-year contract in the summer but the Championship side can expect January offers to land on their desk from the Magpies and Canaries.

However, the Daily Mirror report that Norwich could trump their rivals by offering centre-back Michael Turner on a permanent deal in part-exchange.

Turner, 31, has impressed during his season-long loan spell at Hillsborough

We need Cheick Diabate. He's a monster, can finish, can take penalties like Balotelli. Would go a long way to filling the gap left by Benteke imo. I 

Looks good but not amazing. A lot of those finishes seem to rely on him pulling a feint and then him chipping the ball over goalkeeper and/or defender after they've plunged to the ground prostating themselves. He wouldn't get that much time on the ball in this country. 

However, I've never of the bloke and am making a point based off of a 2 minute YT video so I have no real idea what I'm talking about . . .

EDIT: LOL @ 'prostating' themselves! End of a long day. 

37_1doctor_w_glove.jpg

lucky guy if he can "Prostrate" himself

just like the dog who can lick his own b*lls

Doctors Have Talent

Rumours floating around that Bournemouth will go for Austin in January to replace Wilson. QPR want £8m for him, even though he'll only have 6 months left on his contract.

I reckon we might be interested at that price if we are still in the bottom three.

Rumours floating around that Bournemouth will go for Austin in January to replace Wilson. QPR want £8m for him, even though he'll only have 6 months left on his contract.

I reckon we might be interested at that price if we are still in the bottom three.

Definitely should sign him for that price. 

Will Garde be given decent funds? I usually avoid January transfer thread as it leads to disappointment. This time it's not like Lerner can justify being tight as the manager isn't responsible for our current personnel.

Will Garde be given decent funds? I usually avoid January transfer thread as it leads to disappointment. This time it's not like Lerner can justify being tight as the manager isn't responsible for our current personnel.

Depends on our position I guess.

I think he will provide the funds though not least because it's a new manager and his first transfer window at the club.

I think he will provide the funds though not least because it's a new manager and his first transfer window at the club.

I have troubled memories of Yacouba Sylla and Simon Dawkins arriving to save us.

• Like 2

I have troubled memories of Yacouba Sylla and Simon Dawkins arriving to save us.

It worked though :D

Where are these rumours floating around?

£8m would seem a huge drop on what they were after a couple of months ago and even if they were prepared to accept that sort of fee how likely is it that he will wait until the summer and leave for nothing in the same way that Ings did? 

Any tramsfer dealings in January will depend upon our position and the likelihood of whether or not a spend of a certain amount would save us or whether we look like going down regardless

• Like 1

Where are these rumours floating around?

£8m would seem a huge drop on what they were after a couple of months ago and even if they were prepared to accept that sort of fee how likely is it that he will wait until the summer and leave for nothing in the same way that Ings did? 

Various places, mostly redtops and online sites so not the most reliable sources but he does only have 6 months on his contract so his price will be dropping or he leaves for free. He has been quoted as saying a January move could be possible.

• Like 1