The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Doesnt mean those years were not shit too.

If it wasnt as shit people wouldnt have voted  labour out at the time.

If brown did a better job running the country  then we wouldnt have these lot in Government 

It says more about the electorate, and how shallow some of them are. Under Blair and Brown we enjoyed the longest period of sustained growth in our history, just think about that in comparison to this economic horror story we are now suffering. No party or politician is perfect . But honestly, I’d take big Gord back in an instant.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

The reason the Tories got in is because they, backed up by the right wing media, managed to convince enough gullible people that Labour were responsible for the world wide financial crisis.

That same right wing media will now continue to tell people that the Tories aren't responsible for the shit show over the last 12 years, the decimation of our public services, the biggest fall in living standards on record, the Brexit shambles, the division in our country.........

I think there is a lot of biased opinions on here mate.  Its not just that though failings form the labour party. There was various expenses scandals in browns government 

Yes the media do play a role. But labour really made a mess of the country when brown lost the election, just this sack of shit government  has. Its gone from one shit show to another x10 and there was a global pandemic just like a golbal financial crisis.

Both governments at the time failed

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

There was various expenses scandals in browns government 

Nah, there are plenty of valid criticisms of Brown, but this ain't one of them. It was the parliamentary expenses scandal, not the Labour government. Snouts were in the trough from all corners

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

That Truss bounce went well then.

Is it a case now that they don't care? 

They know the next election is done. So they can push through their crazy 'think tank' plans without having to worry about polls and winning the next one. 

The Chancellor of the Exchequer refusing to answer questions about how his policies has plunged The Stock Market into chaos and destroyed the pound. 

The barefaced cheek of the man.  It's completely shocking. You're an elected representative of the people in a position of supreme power yet feel it's totally unacceptable to answer for your actions? 

24 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

That Truss bounce went well then.

YouGov aren't even currently in the group that had Labour out at a 12-13% lead before Thursday. YouGov were in the 8-9% group

Thats a huge huge number for a YouGov poll

Redfield and WIlton will probably hit a 20% lead by the weekend :D

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

YouGov aren't even currently in the group that had Labour out at a 12-13% lead before Thursday. YouGov were in the 8-9% group

Thats a huge huge number for a YouGov poll

Redfield and WIlton will probably hit a 20% lead by the weekend :D

And of course done before today's fun and games.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Even in that top 1% it's not completely cut and dried. I was chatting with a client of mine at the end of last week, they have a household income of £800,000, so are set to do pretty well out of the whole thing.

Unfortunately, that has coincided with their £1.2m mortgage going to 1.2% to 3.7%, and a near £3,000 increase in their monthly payment. Which obviously they can afford, but it didn't sound like they were loving these decisions all that much. 

I'm not sure @Xelais going to appreciate you divulging his finances on here mate!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Is it a case now that they don't care? 

They know the next election is done. So they can push through their crazy 'think tank' plans without having to worry about polls and winning the next one. 

I think thats right for Truss and Co

But thats not the way backbenchers think

• Like 1

Â