The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Already posted in the Labour thread, but worth adding here too.

Seeing Reece-Mogg lose his seat would make me very happy.

Oh and to reiterate I am not a Tory but I still think the Chancellors budget is a good one and will benefit the UK economy overcome some (but not all obviously) of Brexit. Borrowing to help solve the current energy crisis while giving tax cuts to promote growth is a perfectly reasonable approach. A weak pound helps exports and helps me buy a new house in the UK with my dollars :)

I am the exact target beneficiary of his budget and I am not going to pretend its not good for me, it is. I am looking to move back to the UK next year after 30 years away and looking to set up a branch of my company in the UK I will be a "first time home owner" (I lol because I own my current home in the USA so I get to cash out over here as a one time tax benefit and then get a tax break in the UK for my "starter home" :)

Anyways obviously I like the budget and assuming my move goes ahead the UK will benefit form my tax pounds and employment opportunities I will be creating for many years to come. So win/win as far as i am concerned.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Oh and to reiterate I am not a Tory but I still think the Chancellors budget is a good one and will benefit the UK economy overcome some (but not all obviously) of Brexit. Borrowing to help solve the current energy crisis while giving tax cuts to promote growth is a perfectly reasonable approach. A weak pound helps exports and helps me buy a new house in the UK with my dollars :)

I am the exact target beneficiary of his budget and I am not going to pretend its not good for me, it is. I am looking to move back to the UK next year after 30 years away and looking to set up a branch of my company in the UK I will be a "first time home owner" (I lol because I own my current home in the USA so I get to cash out over here as a one time tax benefit and then get a tax break in the UK for my "starter home" :)

Anyways obviously I like the budget and assuming my move goes ahead the UK will benefit form my tax pounds and employment opportunities I will be creating for many years to come. So win/win as far as i am concerned.

The words me and I appear to be very prominent in your thoughts. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I'll let the people queuing for heat banks know about this, they'll be made up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The papers today are very interesting. For the first time in my memory, the usual paper equivalent of doom scrolling (doom turning?), the Express, has abandoned it's usual fear mongery and said on it's front page 'Don't Panic! We have a plan to cut debt'. I'm not sure how that was written with a straight face if I'm honest  but everyone expects them to be a little bit bats**t crazy. 

Worse still  the Mail writes 'Fury at the City Slickers betting against UK PLC', which is not only a blatant attempt to switch the discourse away from something they previously doubled down on, but also makes absolutely no sense, given that it's Bankers jobs to make money however they can. This fact being recently prioritised by Truss over having the poorest in our society eating snd staying warm. 

The Sun, however, gotta Sun and lead with a story about a 'love rat' who dumped his partner for a Ukranian refugee. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

It won't, your interest rates will be 4% within a month and higher early next year. The Pound will recover because of the intervention of the BoE. That's the whole point of this, theGovernment wanting to give money to people to spend and boost the economy while the Bank of England is trying to get the Inflation under control and also save to Pound from the loss of international confidence in the Government here. This leads to UK government paying higher interest rates on all this debt. It's a viscious cycle.

Nobody in the top tax band that was scrapped wants these massive interest rate increases as the majority of their wealth is in their pensions and their homes and 2nd homes. All of those in bad bad way with the interest rates going up, far more than the few thousand pounds saved paying tax.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am looking to move back to the UK next year after 30 years away and looking to set up a branch of my company in the UK I will be a "first time home owner" (I lol because I own my current home in the USA so I get to cash out over here as a one time tax benefit and then get a tax break in the UK for my "starter home" :)

Nope

A first time buyer is defined as an individual or individuals who have never owned an interest in a residential property in the United Kingdom or anywhere else in the world and who intends to occupy the property as their main residence

• Like 1

Literally what is the plan now for the tories? How can they have the cheek to say to the nation that they need another leader and PM? They simply will not support a vote of no confidence in themselves. It's going to be another leadership contest isn't it?

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

You couldn't make this up.

Tories need to increase immigration to fill jobs but at the same time can't because the people who voted for them want it cut.

🤣

Basically, until the Tories admit they were wrong about EU membership then Brexit will forever be stood in the background stinking the place out.

They told thousands of lies about the EU and also what life would be like out of it. Now they (and us) have to live with what they’ve done.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Basically, until the Tories admit they were wrong about EU membership then Brexit will forever be stood in the background stinking the place out.

They told thousands of lies about the EU and also what life would be like out of it. Now they (and us) have to live with what they’ve done.

Do you think they actually care? They won't be effected. Once they leave Parliament its either a move across to the Lords or into the world of high paid non exec jobs.

• Like 1

Â