The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

This is going under the radar a little as the right wing rags and the BBC are not really reporting it. Just a Tory peer involved in 203 million pound of our money going to a company her husband has a financial interest in. Gove was also apparently involved and copied into emails between Medpro and Lady Mone. They have, and continue to, take us for fools.

Is "Under the radar" a euphemism for completely ignored? The BBC are even refusing to answer questions at to why they aren't covering it

2 hours ago, Genie said:

How long until the inevitable apology / that’s not what was meant announcement?

"I'm sorry if you feel like the words I said meant what I said"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is "Under the radar" a euphemism for completely ignored? The BBC are even refusing to answer questions at to why they aren't covering it

“wait till the outcome of the police investigation” is my guess. By which point they will hope everyone has forgotten about it.

I think you're being a bit unfair, she's not just saying people should put on their job helmets, get into a job cannon, and fire themselves off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies. She's not stupid, she's also callous and thinks you can and should just work yourself to the bone.

It’ll not be long before they remove the maximum working hours law, yeah you can opt out, but the lazy poor people can’t be arsed with that. Remove it and then paint it as a Brexit benefit. ‘Taking back control’ of our working hours. We Brits work harder than any of those lay-about European wasters. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’ll not be long before they remove the maximum working hours law, yeah you can opt out, but the lazy poor people can’t be arsed with that. Remove it and then paint it as a Brexit benefit. ‘Taking back control’ of our working hours. We Brits work harder than any of those lay-about European wasters. 

Combine that with Tory backed zero hours contracts, and the "benefits" they bring to employees. It's truly terrifying.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I think the vast majority of people opt out of that anyway but I agree with the sentiment.

I'm going to guess this one got that job for being a good little brown nosed sheep in a cozy seat, and not because she's in anyway suited to a cabinet position.

• Like 4

I’m surprised they didn’t say something like “by freezing prescription charges it’s giving £200b back to the public”.

Edited by Genie

A reminder.

US health insurance giant, Centene, through its UK subsidiary, Operose Health, has been taking over GP surgeries and practices in London and across the country for many years. 

Centene has recently taken over AT Medics, a primary care provider responsible for 49 GP surgeries and over 370,000 patients in the Greater London area.

With a total of 70 GP surgeries and practices, Centene is almost certainly the largest single provider of NHS primary care in England. 

This is shocking. Even the Daily Mail has called Centene a “profit greedy” company.

We Own It

Getting f***ed over.

• Like 1

A Conservative MP has been arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault offences spanning a seven-year period.

Scotland Yard confirmed in a statement that a man aged in his 50s has been arrested on suspicion of indecent assault, sexual assault, rape, abuse of position of trust and misconduct in public office.

The individual remains in custody and the investigation into the alleged offences, which took place between 2002 and 2009, is ongoing.

A Conservative Whips Office spokesperson said: "The chief whip has asked that the MP concerned does not attend the Parliamentary Estate while an investigation is ongoing. Until the conclusion of the investigation we will not be commenting further."

Sky News

Â